 Marketplace / Shopping / * (-20)
Re: LEGO® Friends 2012 Launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2011 14:44:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote:

   My first thought upon seeing them was “is Belville coming back ?”

I personally hope so, because my girls still miss Belville.

-- Brian Davis

Re: LEGO® Friends 2012 Launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Abner Finley wrote:
   BILLUND, Denmark (December 19, 2011) /PRNewswire/

LEGO® GROUP DECLARES NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION FOR 2012: DELIVER MEANINGFUL PLAY EXPERIENCES TO GIRLS WORLDWIDE WITH NEW LEGO® FRIENDS

The new Friends sets are beginning to appear at WalMart US. I saw about 7 or 8 of them on a shelf a few days ago. My first thought upon seeing them was “is Belville coming back ?”

Re: day after Christmas clearances at Wal*Mart (US)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2011 02:30:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote:
   The following sets were observed on clearance today at Wal*Mart (and generally at 50% off). Note that not all stores will clearance the same sets, and not all stores will have any of these left on Dec 26th.

Also, checking a few more stores, I found these marked down ...

    2509 Earth Dragon Defense
227 elements, 2 figures, US$35, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Ninjago

    8426 Escape at Sea
159 elements, 0 figures, US$20, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Disney > Cars > Cars 2

    5891 Apple Tree House
539 elements, 0 figures, US$45, 2010
LEGO > Creator

    5865 Mini Dumper
60 elements, 0 figures, US$6, 2010
LEGO > SYSTEM > Creator

    8301 Urban Enforcer
45 elements, 0 figures, US$6, 2011
LEGO > Racers > Tiny Turbos

    5864 Mini Helicopter
52 elements, 0 figures, US$6, 2010
LEGO > SYSTEM > Creator

    7306 Golden Staff Guardians
70 elements, 3 figures, US$10, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Pharoah's Quest

    7066 Earth Defense HQ
879 elements, 5 figures, US$90, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Space > Alien Conquest

    7279 Police Minifigure Collection
57 elements, 4 figures, US$10, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > City > Police

    8201 Classic Mater
52 elements, 0 figures, US$7, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Disney > Cars

Subject:
day after Christmas clearances at Wal*Mart (US)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:52:20 GMT

The following sets were observed on clearance today at Wal*Mart (and generally at 50% off). Note that not all stores will clearance the same sets, and not all stores will have any of these left on Dec 26th.

    2504 Spinjitzu Dojo
373 elements, 3 figures, US$50, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Ninjago

    2506 Skull Truck
515 elements, 4 figures, US$60, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Ninjago

    4840 The Burrow
568 elements, 6 figures, US$60, 2010
LEGO > SYSTEM > Harry Potter

    8085 Freeco Speeder
177 elements, 2 figures, US$25, 2010
LEGO > SYSTEM > Star Wars > Clone Wars

    7325 Cursed Cobra Statue
213 elements, 3 figures, US$30, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Pharoah's Quest

    2507 Fire Temple
1174 elements, 7 figures, US$120, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Ninjago

    7985 Temple of Atlantis
685 elements, 5 figures, US$70, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Aquazone > Atlantis

    7984 Deep Sea Raider
265 elements, 2 figures, US$30, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Aquazone > Atlantis

    2235 Fire Lord
125 elements, 0 figures, US$20, 2011
LEGO > TECHNIC > Hero Factory > Fire Villains

    7326 Rise of the Sphinx
527 elements, 3 figures, US$50, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Pharoah's Quest

    7189 Mill Village Raid
663 elements, 6 figures, US$70, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Castle > Kingdoms

    7327 Scorpion Pyramid
792 elements, 7 figures, US$100, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Pharoah's Quest

    2254 Mountain Shrine
169 elements, 2 figures, US$20, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Ninjago > Spinners

    6918 Blacksmith Attack
104 elements, 2 figures, US$10, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Castle > Kingdoms

    7977 Seabed Strider
105 elements, 2 figures, US$10, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Aquazone > Atlantis

    7305 Scarab Attack
44 elements, 1 figure, US$5, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Pharoah's Quest

    7049 Alien Striker
42 elements, 2 figures, US$5, 2011
LEGO > SYSTEM > Space > Alien Conquest

Happy Shopping !

Subject:
New 10223 Kingdoms Joust set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 2011 12:03:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

TLC just announced a great new Castle set:

Pic links to a set of set pictures in Dan Rubin’s Flickr gallery.

10223 Kingdoms Joust
Ages 12+. 1,575 pieces
.
US $119.99, CA $149.99, DE 119.99 €, UK 99.99 £, DK 1099.00 DKK, AU 199.99 AUD

Watch the Knights battle it out at the Royal Joust.
It’s the most exciting event on the LEGO Kingdoms calendar! Join the King and Queen at the Royal Joust as the knights on horseback battle it out for the hand of the beautiful Princess. This detailed set recreates all the majesty of a medieval pageant, from the large, 6-roomed castle with linked wall extensions, 2 knights’ weapons tents, royal viewing box, jousting fence and of course 2 magnificent jousting horses. Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene that is truly fit for a King. Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers.
• Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers
• Knight minifigures include armor decoration, helmet, jousting pole, shield and 2 extra weapons
• Features castle with 6 detailed rooms with lots of accessories and 2 knights’ tents with weapon holders
• Open back for easy access to linked wall extensions
• Also features royal viewing box with flags and coat of arms
• Includes 2 knights’ horses with detailed decoration, weapon holder and armored headgear
• Explore the castle rooms
• Battle it out for the hand of the princess
• Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets for a scene fit for King
• Castle measures 20” (51 cm) wide and 12” (30 cm) tall!

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning January 2012 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone

David Gregory

Subject:
LEGO Store in Lima, Peru
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 00:36:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO store in Lima, Peru.

I am surprise LEGO has not added or updated their Store location information on their website. Assuming it is a official LEGO Retail store. I guess because you are unable to order online. If you are traveling to Lima, Peru or live there. It many not be big in size as other LEGO stores. As least it is a LEGO store. The store open in late 2010.

First LEGO store in Peru is an emblem buildable blocks tumi.

The figure of the ceremonial sword of ancient Peru is the main local attraction that features a range of products for adults and children

Nov. 24, 2010. Opened in the new Jockey Plaza Boulevard first LEGO store in Peru, which in turn became the second South American country to have a store brand.

Main attraction of the shop is a building block to block tumi. Marketing manager of Comex, Natalie Malamud, explained that the figure elcomercio.pe ceremonial knife of Ancient Peru was chosen among other options to be the emblem of the premises.

On the other hand, said that so far the facility has been well received by large and small.

“Lego is diversified enough and now we have a complete super-line. (Hay) of everything for all ages, including products for older people buy boxes next to giants like architecture or products that come with software to install on the computer, “he explained.

Elcomercio Video in Spanish.

Location where the store is. Jockey Plaza

-Abner

Subject:
LEGO Store in Lima, Peru
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 00:35:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO store in Lima, Peru.

I am surprise LEGO has not added or updated their Store location information on their website. Assuming it is a official LEGO Retail store. I guess because you unable to order online. If you are traveling to Lima, Peru or live there. It many not be big in size as other LEGO stores. As least it is a LEGO store. The store open in late 2010.

[...]

Re: Series 3 Minifigs go up from $1.99 to $2.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2010 21:48:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Gregory wrote:
In lugnet.general, Joseph Gonzalez wrote:
so i just noticed on the lego.com site that the series 3 figures (8803) will be
available january 1, 2011 and they'll be $2.99.  on the same theme page one can
still see that series 2 figures (8684) were $1.99.

umm..what's up with the figs going up in price by 50% within one year?

..jg

If it means that they're going to start using the regular LEGO plastic to make
the MF's, then I'm fine with it.  If not, then it looks like they just got a
case of The Greedies.

My local Meijer store had Series 3 for $1.99, so the MSRP didn't go up.  I
wonder if TLC had been taking marketing advice from Toys R Us?

David

While the plastic on the series 3 looks the same as S1 and S2, I can say that so
far, S3 clutch power of feet to baseplate is much better than S1 and S2.

Just my observation.

Chris

Re: Series 3 Minifigs go up from $1.99 to $2.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:55:21 GMT

just a quick thanks to david for cross-posting to market.shopping (i couldn't
think where the appropriate initial post should have been made).

..jg

Re: Series 3 Minifigs go up from $1.99 to $2.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2010 19:17:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joseph Gonzalez wrote:
so i just noticed on the lego.com site that the series 3 figures (8803) will be
available january 1, 2011 and they'll be $2.99.  on the same theme page one can
still see that series 2 figures (8684) were $1.99.

umm..what's up with the figs going up in price by 50% within one year?

..jg

If it means that they're going to start using the regular LEGO plastic to make
the MF's, then I'm fine with it.  If not, then it looks like they just got a
case of The Greedies.

My local Meijer store had Series 3 for $1.99, so the MSRP didn't go up.  I
wonder if TLC had been taking marketing advice from Toys R Us?

David

Subject:
Happy Holidays from ME Models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:18:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Subject:
Custom engraved metal 2x4 brick keychains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:51:47 GMT

Thanks to some new equipment, I can offer custom engraved 2x4 brick keychains once again!

Get yours in time for the holidays: BLDesign Store

--Bram

Subject:
Echo Base & Snow Trooper pack on sale @ WalMart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:26:19 GMT

Two sets for the price of one, Echo BAse & Snow trooper pack for $29, free
shipping to any WalMart store.

Details here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Snow-Trooper-Army-Pack-Echo-Base-Value-Bundle/15048307

Paul Sinasohn
BAYLUG / BAYLTC
LUGNET #115

Subject:
7955 / 7953 / 7566 at walmart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:34:02 GMT

Three small ‘impulse buy’ sets observed at the local Walmart this week. All were selling at $3.97.

    7955 Wizard
19 elements, 1 figure, US$4, 2010
LEGO > SYSTEM > Castle > Kingdoms

    7953 Jester
22 elements, 1 figure, US$4, 2010
LEGO > SYSTEM > Castle > Kingdoms

    7566 Farmer
16 elements, 1 figure, US$4, 2010
LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > City

Look for a small cardboard module on the side of an end-cap.

Subject:
ME Models Webstore Open for Business
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:29:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

ME Models is pleased to announce the long-awaited opening of our brand new webstore.

Feel free to look around and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you all for your support.

http://www.me-models.com

Subject:
Grand Opening at BRICK Marketplace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 00:43:40 GMT

BRICK Marketplace want to special announcment....

We have redesign the new website. And also, we offerFREE SHIPPING* on orders of
$99 or more for limited time!

We will provide and service FREE Shipping unlike compare to major store such
Wal-Mart, Target, Toy-R-Us, etc.

We have over 400+ different LEGO Sets with over 4000 stocks include 2010 new
products.  You can spend unlimited.

We are only service and shipping in USA only.  International is not available
for this time.

Please visit our retail online at
http://www.brickmarketplace.com

*FREE Shipping only to 48 continental state.  Hawaii, Alaska, and US Territory
add minimum $10

Re: 8258 crane truck back on the US shop at home site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 05:57:26 GMT

Are you saying that they still have this model?

Subject:
8258 crane truck back on the US shop at home site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2010 22:10:18 GMT

This mave have been posted already but here it is anyway
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8258&cn=57&d=70

Subject:
K-Mart (US) 30% off clearance LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:28:47 GMT

one week special, started on Sunday Aug 29th, ends Saturday Sep 4th.

All clearance'd toys (including LEGO) are an additional 30% off (from the
clearance price). No idea if this is regional or nationwide. I observed this in
KM stores in 3 states thus far.

Also, there appears to be a significant quantity of 7592 and (I think) 7590 on
the clearance isles with no clearance stickers. These sets uniformly (in every
store) scan not on file (aisle scanner, register and IRT). Thus far, I've only
had one store willing to do the sensible thing under the circumstances, with all
the remainder sticking their head in the sand (and doing CYA). If you have a
good relationship with the store manager, and you run into this, ask them if
they will do the 'sensible thing'.

Happy shopping !

Subject:
Lego prices in the US vs. Europe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:29:14 GMT

I always found it fascinating to see that a Lego set was cheaper in the US than
in Denmark, for instance. That did not seem right. This was simply by comparing
prices in S@H, easily done by switching the country flag.

It may start making sense if we include VAT -- in some places it is upto 25% of
the price. US prices do not reflect tax until you provide shipping details. The
tax tends to vary by state, with some states not having any sales tax.

Now when I compute the prices taking into account the exchange rate, some sets
start to become cheaper in Europe than in the US. The new Technic Motorized
Excavator is worth noting in this regard. It is $200 in the US - even the worst
case situation shows it to be cheaper in Europe.

Did I miss something? OF course Canadiens may still be getting a raw deal. I
have not put in the effort to check other countries and continents.

--Ram

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact