 General / 55586
Re: Series 3 Minifigs go up from $1.99 to $2.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2010 21:48:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Gregory wrote:
In lugnet.general, Joseph Gonzalez wrote:
so i just noticed on the lego.com site that the series 3 figures (8803) will be
available january 1, 2011 and they'll be $2.99.  on the same theme page one can
still see that series 2 figures (8684) were $1.99.

umm..what's up with the figs going up in price by 50% within one year?

..jg

If it means that they're going to start using the regular LEGO plastic to make
the MF's, then I'm fine with it.  If not, then it looks like they just got a
case of The Greedies.

My local Meijer store had Series 3 for $1.99, so the MSRP didn't go up.  I
wonder if TLC had been taking marketing advice from Toys R Us?

David

While the plastic on the series 3 looks the same as S1 and S2, I can say that so
far, S3 clutch power of feet to baseplate is much better than S1 and S2.

Just my observation.

Chris