 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1840
Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 19:20:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Doug Finney writes:
[...] I have to weigh in on this sorted
bags issue however. I too would love to acquire large quantities of
classic windows and other specific pieces. But if when the boxes start
out all of the windows are in box A and I'm 6th on the list to get that
box, what are the odds there will by *any* left by the time they get to
me.

I'm sure the odds would be zero.  Anyone who wants any old windows would
want all the old windows.

By then it will be a random assortment of pieces, heavy in whatever
theme(s) the last recipient was unloading and light in what they were
taking. So why not start them that way?  [...]

I don't want it on my conscience to have separated a small collection of
old classic windows.  If someone else wants to do that, fine by me.  :)

I guess what I'm saying is, if you have a large collection of a certain
type of piece and would hate to see it broken up, maybe it doesn't belong
in the trade boxes. Auction them, sell them, trade them, whatever, but
IMO the trade boxes will work best when they contain a wide variety of
pieces.

OK, maybe that's worth doing for the windows.  (Larry suggested this too.)

--Todd