 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17841
Re: LEGO Collectors Guide Future Updates as E-Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2012 22:12:23 GMT

As I've said, the nice thing about having the new DVD download is that future
updates will be free...

I've been getting some recent LEGO treasure images from TLG Archives and
elsewhere...

For example... the earliest retailer LEGO box is this one that dates to 1954-56
(Denmark only) that was for the earliest Automatic Binding Bricks windows/doors
(1949-56) and the new LEGO Mursten tall classic windows/doors.  This retailer
box image (unknown in any private collection) was shared by the LEGO Archives
folks, who had to do some digging to find it when I inquired about how old LEGO
windows/doors were stored.  They finally found this LEGO beauty... it would
probably go for 2000-3000 Euros (or more!) if one ever came up for auction...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/8071856469/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/8071853970/in/photostream

Or some of the wonderful colors that windows came in back in the mid 1950s (for
30 years afterwards TLG made us choose mainly between red and white!!)...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/8037218503/

Or did you ever wonder about LEGO sets of Iceland?  It seems that a Tuberculosis
Sanitarium provided labor for putting together sets in that country in the 1950s
and 1960s...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/8101938526/

And that LEGO sets and spare parts packs had the name of the Sanitarium on the
boxes....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/8101943414/in/photostream/

Lots of new items never before seen (some of these items were new to the LEGO
Archives as well!!)... that will be in future updates to the LEGO DVD
download... which will be free to current purchasers... only $29.95 total...
that's 23 Euros... or GBP 18.71...  or CAN $29.75...  or AUD $29.00.

No additional fees and ZERO customs!  (Funny how that works... but the countries
of the world haven't figured out how to apply customs to downloads... maybe if
they did so many IT jobs wouldn't end up in India!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/8101943414/in/photostream/
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150915064652?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Download only takes 2-20 minutes to get all 688MB (about 2/3 of a Gigabyte)...
that's 73 chapters and 4 appendices... with all future updates (about every 6
months) free to current purchasers!

Gary Istok

P.S. No Shipping or Customs Fees!  Plus I'm putting together and adding new
chapters... one on the history and evolution of LEGO figures from the 1950s HO
Scale figs to the development of the minifigs!