 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17837
Re: LEGO Collectors Guide Future Updates as E-Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:37:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Thanks to whomever highlighted my post...

I was just packing some BL orders, and was looking up the answer to some
questions I was Emailed about how Minifigs originated, and I realized that there
was an unfinished chapter that I never added to the DVD/download (saying I got
behind is an understatement).  That was on the evolution of LEGO Minifigs...
from the first LEGO figures that came out in 1956 (HO Scale) to the giants of
the mid 1960s (USA/Canada Doll Sets and the Denmark/Japan very rare Clown Set).

The evolution continued to the Homemaker sets that first came out without
people... then with people... then we got the minifig stiffs... then the minfigs
in 1978... etc.  My favorites are still that Minifig hairpiece that looks like
the rare white pigtail hairpiece... but without the pigtails.  Never released,
but TLG loves to toy with us and tease us just like they did with the 1979
Hospital set never produced, the mid 1980s Shell Station never produced (except
as an Exxon set for the USA), and the 1996 6500 Holiday Village set in the UK...
again never produced.

But I digress... one of the first new chapters in the "free to anyone who owns
the current DVD/download" will be the chapter on the history of Minifigs...
followed much later on more minifig chapters...

Cheers,
Gary Istok
Get back to packaging... (and open razors...)