 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17836
17835  |  17837
Subject:
LEGO Collectors Guide Future Updates as E-Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:07:28 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

My LEGO CD/DVD days are over... as comprehensive collectors guides go.  From now
on it's only as an E-Book.  I checked Kindle, and due to Kindle's limitations my
current Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide (1949-1990s) would have
required 14 Kindle books!!  Kindle books have a 50MB limit (they must not want a
lot of images).  My most recent 2,800 page 6000 image collectors guide exceeds
that limit 14 fold (688MB).  So Kindle was not an option, unless all photos were
postage stamp size.

Also, because of continually finding new items on old LEGO, and me adding LEGO
chapters to get to the present, I will only be selling my DVD as an E-Book that
can be downloaded in 6-15 minutes... no shipping, no Customs... and best of
all... no waiting.... (ouch).

Anyone who has the LEGO DVD (1949-90s) or the DVD/download... will be
periodically offered upgrades to the DVD (my goal is to get it to the
present)... plus get additional upgrades for rare old items that have been
found.... free of charge into perpetuity.... but as a "download only"... that
you can have easy access to on your computer desktop.  FREE resends of the 73
chapter volume if your files are corrupted by a Virus, or your computer dies,
and you get a new one.

The next upgrade won't be for about 9 months... but no further buying is
required if you already have (or are expecting) the DVD or download.  But no
more mailing/waiting will be necessary... since I know I've kept too many people
waiting for too long.

Anyway... if you haven't ordered it... it's still available... but as a download
only...
http://legocollectorsguide.weebly.com/

(Please only the first option... the site hasn't yet removed the mailed DVD
option... had too many problems with them...)

Also here's an example of additions for the future...
1) not just 4.5V and 12V trains... but also 9V.
2) Space, Pirates, Castle, Technic and Town to the year 2000.

And here's another older sets change... the first 4 LEGO basic set designs where
these (1950-53)....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/7885038540/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Well it appears that there's an even earlier box design... with some wood
partitions...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/7984674669/sizes/l/in/photostream/

This one likely dates to 1949-50... and has bold text on the box top, making
this the first known box design LEGO every created.

More new items to follow...

Again... no more purchase or mailing required for future updates... just a 6-15
minute downloading via Email instructions.

Cheers,
Gary Istok
P.S.  The 73 chapters currently will grow to likely over 100 chapters... at no
additional cost to current owners!!