 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17839
Re: LEGO Collectors Guide Future Updates as E-Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:04:08 GMT

My all time favorite LEGO chapter in my CD (Chapter 10)... much expanded in the
LEGO DVD/download.... was the Wooden Box sets chapter (now Chapter 15 in the
DVD/download).

I have pictured about 80 or so wooden box sets... about double what TLG has in
their Billund Archives, and about 10 times what anyone else has in their online
databases.  For the DVD/download... I found a lot of new items such as the
largest LEGO box (a USA/Samsonite HUGE institutional wooden box) ever produced
by TLG... with 3,250 pieces... produced from 1963-65 for USA/Canada by
Samsonite.  Also found rare Norwegian and Danish PAB boxes from 1950-55.

The wooden box set chapter is my all time favorite chapter... since no one else
comes close to knowing the "whole story" on these 1957-78 unique sets.... ;-)

And the strangest thing about these boxes... they almost never had a set number
on the box... only on a "Contents List" that came with the set... and once those
are lost... you have no idea what you have!

Here's a 17 box "Whitman Sampler" for Chapter 15....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/7779014310/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Cheers
Gary Istok

P.S.  And here's the oldest LEGO basic sets (1949-53)... don't have this in the
older CDs... but finally got the images from my collector friends...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/7885038540/sizes/l/in/photostream/