 Local / United States / New York / * (-5)
Re: GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:17:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes:
I was in the Carosel Mall today and Came across a Small LEGO Store Selling
LEGOS. Apparently they are working together with one of the bookstores. I was
told depending on HOW GOOD things work out and sales they might go for a FULL
FLEDGED STORE!!!! I mentioned LUCNY and told them who I was and mentioned a
LAYOUT. While I expected a little more support Im sure if I talk to the Manager
who wasn't there it would be good....  If we can come up with something I think
we can get more support in the near future!!!

If you get some Time go to the mall and make a Ruckus about the Lego Place. Im
not going to say its any better then Toys R Us but at least we got something to
start with. The two woman there were suprised to know that there was a Lego
Users Group in CNY. This might be a good thing. The thing we have all been
waiting for!

its in the basement floor next to the UP escalators! across from finishline!

ENJOY!!
Wayne

...I'll have to check it out and introduce myself as well, so they know
you're not totally whacked, Wayne!  Grown people playing with LEGO bricks,
indeed - and the buggers have formed a user group?!

That's a pretty good location, I guess.  I've talked to the manager of the
Dawsonville, GA LEGO store there, where they too set up a test run store in
a mall, and have kept it going for a couple of years now.  They had good
visibility in the mall, and they seem to boom around the holidays, of
course.  Nice that we have one locally to support.

Ed

Just to close the loop and dust off an ancient thread...
LUCNY's building the Brand Ribbon and initial retail sets for the launch of the
LEGO Retail store in Eastview Mall, Victor, NY, scheduled for April 6th!

Ed

Subject:
Earth Day @ Liberty State Park
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 04:03:30 GMT

Join us this Saturday April 18th, 2009 for the Legomaster Tent display and building area on
Earth Day @ Liberty State Park, Jersey City, New Jersey.

Last year in 2008, we had a great turn out, and this year we are supposed to have a nice day!

Come build the Earth!
Noon til 5pm.

Check out the gallery of photos from last year:

Stop by and say hello!

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

Subject:
Engineers Week - Liberty Science Center - 2/16/09 & 2/21/09
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:51:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

PRESS: ENGINEERS WEEK 2009 STATEMENT

NY/NJ LEGO Fans - I was invited to showcase my Mecha designs at this year’s
Annual Engineer’s Week at the Liberty Science Center, Jersey City, New Jersey.

I would like to invite you too!

Easy access from the NJ Turnpike.

The event will feature workshops and demos by Storming Robots as well as a
host of First Lego League Teams like the super awesome Team Landroids!

I will provide hands on buiding activities with tons of LEGO.

Join us February 16th and 21st. 2009 at the Liberty Science Center!

Information Hyperlinks:

Engineers Week Web Site. (National site)
Storming Robots Photo Gallery
Team Landroids Event: 2/16/09
Team Landroids Event: 2/21/09
Team Landroids Event: 2008 E-week
Legomaster Brickshelf Gallery E-Week 2/18/08
Legomaster Brickshelf Gallery E-Week 2/23/08
Liberty Science Center Web Site

Come join us, feel free to bring your LEGO models!

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

Subject:
LEGO sculpture atop the Empire State Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 22:56:45 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi everybody!

I’m very excited to let you know that my latest LEGO sculpture has been installed at the top of The Empire State Building in New York City!

This sculpture of the Empire State Building used about 13,000 LEGO elements and is situated as the centerpiece of the observation deck gift shop at the top of the building. The gift shop is closed for reconstruction until late June, but you’ll be able to see the sculpture for many years after the store reopens.

I put about 20 pictures on MOCpages and on my personal site.

I’m a huge architecture nerd, so this project has been very exciting for me.

I’m also a huge microscale nerd, and the scale they requested was perfect for some classic microscale cars and people. So I went to town building all sorts of fun little details on the street at the base of the building. ... A double-decker NYC tour bus, a pedicab, a glass delivery truck, a Smart Car, an articulated bus, and a 3-wheeled traffic police vehicle. I hope the micro fans out there like some of the cars... they were fun to make. :)

Sean
- - -
http://www.seankenney.com

Re: LUGs in and around the city
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:37:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, Avishai Gebler wrote:
Greetings-

I'm newish to this AFOL business, and have never been part of a LUG. I would
love to meet with the other talented builders I know are in and around the area.

Given the lack of recent posting within this region, I assume there is not much
going on in the community sense around the area at the moment.

Am I wrong in this regard, and if I'm not, can we make it so I'm wrong?

- Avishai

Hi Avishai,

There are a number of AFOL's in and around NYC, but gatherings are few and far
between, unfortunately.  A few of us met a couple of times over the past few
years or so as NYCLUG but it never got off the ground or amounted to more than a
couple of fun meetings.

If you are interested in arranging something send me a private email and maybe
we can get a group together for a meet and greet and see what comes of it.

Best,

Jonathan

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact