 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4223
4222  |  4224
Subject:
LEGO sculpture atop the Empire State Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 22:56:45 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi everybody!

I’m very excited to let you know that my latest LEGO sculpture has been installed at the top of The Empire State Building in New York City!

This sculpture of the Empire State Building used about 13,000 LEGO elements and is situated as the centerpiece of the observation deck gift shop at the top of the building. The gift shop is closed for reconstruction until late June, but you’ll be able to see the sculpture for many years after the store reopens.

I put about 20 pictures on MOCpages and on my personal site.

I’m a huge architecture nerd, so this project has been very exciting for me.

I’m also a huge microscale nerd, and the scale they requested was perfect for some classic microscale cars and people. So I went to town building all sorts of fun little details on the street at the base of the building. ... A double-decker NYC tour bus, a pedicab, a glass delivery truck, a Smart Car, an articulated bus, and a 3-wheeled traffic police vehicle. I hope the micro fans out there like some of the cars... they were fun to make. :)

Sean
- - -
http://www.seankenney.com