Re: get together??? 2002/ (things to bring)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:56:13 GMT

Thomas Main wrote:
My apologies for not being able to attend at the last minute.  I hope that
everyone had a good time at Fritz'.  I got an automatically recorded message
from my wife, Dawn, early Saturday morning that her flight back from Colorado
where she had been on a work assignment had been cancelled and that she was
being rerouted into Charlotte rather than Johnson City, TN.  She had actually
sent the recorded message on Friday afternoon, but because of something wrong
with our phone, I didn't get it until Sat. morning.  By that time she had been
in Charlotte all night (expecting that I would have gotten the message the
previous afternoon).  So I raced down to Charlotte to pick her up Sat. morning
and then we had to drive back to Johnson City, TN to pick up her car.  In any
case, these events threw a spanner in the works in regards to my plan to attend
yesterday :(

Glad to hear things were OK. We were worried...

I still have the axle bricks for Sheree (if you could e-mail me your address
again, I can send them off to you).  Again, my apologies for missing the
get-together and I hope that we can all get together again sometime soon.

We had a great time. Unfortunately I never got my camera out. We started
by assembling my extended 7740 (engine, 7819 mail car, 7815 sleeper, 3
coaches, 2 club cars, and dining car) on the floor. The we built a loop
of blue 12v track. I think I need to put a 2nd motor on my 7740 engine.
On the blue track, with it's rust spots, the engine was a little jerky
and the train was constantly splitting. We then replaced the 7740 engine
with my Beyer-Garratt which ran flawlessly, pulling the train without
breaking at all. I'm real pleased that the spacing of the parts of the
Beyer-Garratt works out perfectly. I also ran it through the passing
siding which it also took flawlessly, so the S curve in a turnout is no
problem for it.

I need to be in Raliegh on Saturday, Feb. 16, dropping Dawn off at the airport
in case any Raleigh folks can meet then.

Unfortunately I'll be at BricksWest...

Frank