 Local / United States / Michigan / 320
319  |  321
Subject:
Minutes of MichLUG #1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:35:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings!
   Here is what happened at the first-ever MichLUG meeting, this may not be in
order...Chris Leach didn't know about sign-in sheet until later.:

At 11:30 me and my girlfriend arrived and started to set up, it took us a
minute to get my moonbase set up, and get everything ready (Chairs, tables,
the like).

   At about 12:00 Scott Sanburn showed up with his friend, Tony Hedglen, and
we started to unload his awesome number of models. He showed off a bunch of
his ADF stuff, numerous cars, some of his *i dropped my mouth* CLASSIC space
sets too, and some of his buildings from town.

   At about 12:30 Ryan Schave and his SO [1] Valerie Urbas came. They brought
a Laptop computer for MLCAD models, and a Mindstorms model but they had to
leave before 2:00.

   Next we have Chris Leach who brought his daughter, he brought *part, just
PART* of his model in construction of the Detroit Metro Airport, Lots of
Monorail, and his control was very impressive IMO.

   The next person to show up was Jason Spears. He brought his Pirate ship
which recieved some good feedback.

   Next person who signed the sheet is Lester Witter who sent some good
feedback on many of the models.

   Steve Bliss came by next with his two kids and showed off portions of his
Capital Ship in construction.

   Next on the list is Trevor Pruden who brought the impressive capital ship
which recieved high attention, he also brought his I.S.S.A.P.C. from 'Space:
Above & Beyond', and some of Mark Sandlin's "Gazelles". pictures taken and
posting as soon as i get them from Scott's Camera.

   Mark Koesel came too, he brought an arachnid walker, a very impressive
starfighter with a very interesting landing gear design. A Technic Mecha, a
neat go-kart, and a technic police moped. Pictures coming soon.

   Well, Scott dropped off some of his shipments from his site
http://www.sanburnsystems.com and i made a deal with Steve Bliss about Grey
arms with black hands...

   I did a 'sneak peek' at a little bit of my moonbase design, using some of
the sodiers which require rare parts. I showed of my 'Hellion', the newest and
most Rebel looking fighter I have, the [un-named] bomber, the Nighthawk
stealth fighter, and the 'blue raider'. My Girlfriend made a neat semi tuck.

   At about 3:30 everybody sat down and discussed about SW combo sets, the new
Lego lines, the actual use for insectoids sets [didn't really discover a use
for them, aliens or parts.], and other things all while drinking pop and
eating hungry Howies pizza. There were a few pop spills and pizza drops, but
we managed to clean them up.

   5:00-5:30 everbody decided to head home, with MSU/UofM scores to find out,
wifes to go back to, and later engagements. Me, Scott, Tony, and Steve stayed
behind and cleaned up everything. WHen my pastor came by at about 6:10, he
said we did an impressive job cleaning up.

   The next meeting is being tossed around Post Christmas/Pre New Years, in
January and such. I should have at least the centrel hub of my moonbase done
by then, or at least the moonscape.

   Well. I am going to pitch the idea of a lugnet.org.us.michlug to Todd.
Emailing him as soon as i post this. I am going to save up and register the
doamin name michlug.org for us.

   If there is anything i am forgetting, just reply to this post and stick it
in somewhere.

[1] Significant Other

Rick