 Local / United States / Iowa / *73 (-5)
Subject:
I'm part of the workforce!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ia
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:13:05 GMT

Well, it's all said and done, and I'm now officially employed.  I'll be
working in the Drafting Dept. at American Athletic Industries
(www.americanathletic.com) in Jefferson, IA.  Got my apartment secured
today; gonna move next week/weekend.  I start at AAI on the 15th.

Now all I have to worry about is getting a phone, changing my address, etc.
And I hope I can get 'net access ASAP.  I might have to go w/out LUGNET for
awhile... 8^o

Drinks all around!

-Chris

Subject:
FOTM - WalMart good luck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ia
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:26:37 GMT

Hi all,

Stopped by the Knoxville Walmart this morning.  I have a bit of a story to
tell...

I've been watching a pile of MTT's ever since Walmart started clearancing
things.  Until today, none of them moved.  They were priced at $30.  I
walked in this morning to check on them, and the toy section people were
putting all the clearance items on rolling racks.  I asked what they were
going to do with them (for fear they were sending them back to a warehouse
or something), and found out that in 5 minutes, they would be clearancing
everything even further.

After wading thru a slew of "clearance moms", I got my hands on:

3 MTT's for $15.
1 Watto's Junkyard for $15.
1 Excavation Searcher for $15.
1 T-Rex Transport for $15.

So if any of you local fellas want to give it a try, there was still several
MTT's, a whole ton of soccer stuff, Adventurers Dino sets, and some other
goodies.  For those who don't know, Walmart is just off 92/5 on 14.

-Chris

Re: 6th grade students use Mindstorms at ISU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics.edu
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:46:53 GMT

"Xcalabur" <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

Watching my local news this morning (WHOTV, Channel 13 for you local guys)
and saw a bit on 6th grade students from around the state going to ISU in
Ames and competing in a Mindstorms competition.  Each team had to build
robots to accomplish certain tasks, such as dumping bricks into • containers,
shooting baskets, and rescuing "scientists" (Arctic figs).

-Chris

Sounds like the latest FLL (First Lego League) competition - Arctic Impact:

http://www.firstlegoleague.org/

-Rob.

Subject:
6th grade students use Mindstorms at ISU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ia
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:17:47 GMT

Hi all,

Watching my local news this morning (WHOTV, Channel 13 for you local guys)
and saw a bit on 6th grade students from around the state going to ISU in
Ames and competing in a Mindstorms competition.  Each team had to build
robots to accomplish certain tasks, such as dumping bricks into containers,
shooting baskets, and rescuing "scientists" (Arctic figs).

-Chris

Subject:
ShopKo Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.il
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:25:40 GMT

My local ShopKo (Burlington, IA) has the soccer bus marked down to
$3 each. I bought five. :-)

You may want to check a store near you.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact