 Local / United States / Florida / Tampa / * (-5)
Re: living in FL now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, lugnet.loc.us.fl.stp, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:52:56 GMT

Felix Greco wrote:
Hello!

I just wanted to drop a note that I'm now living in the Tampa/St Pete
area.  I'm working in St Petersburg but living in Apollo Beach.  Once
I'm set up with everything I'd love to start getting involved with
the local lugs.

<http://www.lugnet.com/~94/ Felix>

I didn't manage to arrange to hook up with Tampa Bay/GFLTC folks this year
at the holidays, but my fiance and I did run into Felix at the Dali museum.
It was great to see you Felix.

Frank

Subject:
living in FL now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, lugnet.loc.us.fl.stp, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:54:11 GMT

Hello!

I just wanted to drop a note that I’m now living in the Tampa/St Pete area. I’m working in St Petersburg but living in Apollo Beach. Once I’m set up with everything I’d love to start getting involved with the local lugs.

Felix

Subject:
Central Florida Brick Day - March 4, 2006!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:24:28 GMT

Once again it time for Central Florida Brick Day! This year it’s on Saturday,
March 4th.

The day starts at the Plant City Train Show in its new venue at Hillsborough
Community College in Plant City, Florida with a display by the Greater Florida
LEGO Users Group and Train Club and then moves to the LEGO Imagination Center at
Downtown Disney in Orlando for some shopping, fun and food.

Here is the Schedule (feel free to join us at the following times):

10:00am-3:00pm - Plant City Train Show and GFLTC LEGO Train display
3:00pm-4:30pm - GFLTC display takedown/pack-up.
4:30pm-6:00pm - Transit from Plant City to Orlando.
6:00pm-6:30pm - Meet in the Pick-A-Brick room in the LEGO store for some
shopping and fun.
6:30pm-7:30pm - Head over to McD's (or a better place if you all
want) for a dinner meeting.
7:30pm - rap it up and head home.

~~~

More on the train show:
Annual H.B. Plant Railroad Historical
Society Train Show and Swap Meet
March 4, 2006 – open to the public 9am-3pm
Admission: $5.00 Children Under 17 are free with parent!
Hillsborough Community College
Plant City Campus
John R. Trinkle Center
1206 North Park Road
Plant City, Florida 33563
http://www.hbplantrr.org/

~~~

See you Saturday,
Robin Werner
GFLUG/GFLTC
http://www.gfltc.org

Re: In Tampa (Temple Terrace, technically) FL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:13:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I'm in Tampa on business till Thursday 14 April 2005. If you'd like to get
together, drop me a line, or talk to Robin W, he and I are already talking
offline about trying to get together Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday...

Posted to Tampa, St Pete and general FL local groups with FUT to just Tampa...

If only I weren't five hours north of you guys.  It would be a grand old time.
Oh yes, a [grand] {old} time.

-Lenny

(who is in Tallahassee, FL.  See, if you're looking at Florida, notice how it is
shaped like a gun.  The western portion would be the barrel, and that would be
Pensacola.  The handle part would be Daytona-Orlando-Tampa, and the hammer would
be Jacksonville.  But in the middle of the top part would be where the trigger
is, and that is Tallahassee.  Is this at all special or interesting? doubtful.
For all of you Europeans out there - Florida is approximately the same height as
Great Britain - so this would be like driving from Yorkshire to London just to
see some weirdo AFOL.)

Subject:
In Tampa (Temple Terrace, technically) FL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam, lugnet.loc.us.fl.stp, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:07:04 GMT

I'm in Tampa on business till Thursday 14 April 2005. If you'd like to get
together, drop me a line, or talk to Robin W, he and I are already talking
offline about trying to get together Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday...

Posted to Tampa, St Pete and general FL local groups with FUT to just Tampa...

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact