 Local / United States / Colorado / 113
112  |  114
Subject:
Denver MOC Display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:33:56 GMT

  I have been afforded an opportunity to be able to display area FOL MOCs.
I know that there are plenty of local builders and collectors and I feel
that this can be a galvanizing event for the Denver fans of the brick.
Hopefully, a catalyst for developing an ongoing LUG. Before I get too far
into the process though, there are some specific topics that need to be
discussed.

  First, a little information. This will be a public display. The area that
has been allotted to us is 10' x 10'. Not a large area, but large enough to
be impressive if done right. A tentative date has been set for the second
week in August. More specific information on the location and event is to come.

  Second, and more importantly, are the specifics of the display. Is there a
particular theme we should stick with? I'm partial to Space or Town,
although the display could even be divided to accomodate one, both or more.
Since we do not yet have a LUG we are at a disadvantage when compared to
Seattle or Atlanta, for example, where the basics are already determined and
the logistics of public display have already been worked through.
  I'm looking for feedback, questions and input from local FOLs who are
interested in participating. This is a great chance to get some exposure
with the public and to put our mark on the LUG map. There's a lot of work to do!

-Duane