 Local / United States / 57

Subject:
Lego Store Opening in Virginia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:28:16 GMT

For those who may not have seen some of the messages about this, there is a
Lego Store opening in the Potomac Mills Shopping Center in Virginia this Friday
(Nov. 19).  I and most of the Northern Virginia Lego Train Club will be there.
The Shopping Center opens at 8am, and the stores (including the Lego one) open
at 10am.  To get to Potomac Mills, just take I-95 south from the Capital
Beltway until you see a *really* big sign that says Potomac Mills.  It isn't
too far south of the Beltway, if I remember correctly.  We hope to see you
there!

Jeff

Re: Lego Store Opening in Virginia
lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:28:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us, Jeff Stembel writes:
For those who may not have seen some of the messages about this, there is a
Lego Store opening in the Potomac Mills Shopping Center in Virginia this
Friday (Nov. 19).  I and most of the Northern Virginia Lego Train Club will
be there.  The Shopping Center opens at 8am, and the stores (including the
Lego one) open at 10am.  To get to Potomac Mills, just take I-95 south from
the Capital Beltway until you see a *really* big sign that says Potomac
Mills.  It isn't too far south of the Beltway, if I remember correctly.  We
hope to see you there!

Hi Jeff,

Is this an actual LEGO store, similar to the LEGO outlet store that recently
opened in Georgia?  Or is this a toy store that happens to sell LEGO...?

(I'm guessin the former, given the title of the post, but it's almost too
good to be true...)

--Todd

Re: Lego Store Opening in Virginia
lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:36:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us, Todd Lehman writes:
[...]

Yes, it is.  I believe someone who went to the Georgia opening met and talked
to the Manager for the Virginia Store.  Also, one of the members of WAMALUG has
spoken to the Virginia Store manager a couple times.

Jeff
P.S.  Only Nineteen and a Half hours to go!  Woohoo!!

Re: Lego Store Opening in Virginia
lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:55:23 GMT

I guess I now have another reason to venture north on I-95.

Interestingly, I was just at Potomac Mills about two months ago and I did
not see anything as far as advertising a new store.  All I found was the one
toy outlet which carried a small selection of Lego (mainly old Time Cruisers
stuff that noone wanted).

Tim

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message
For those who may not have seen some of the messages about this, there is • a
Lego Store opening in the Potomac Mills Shopping Center in Virginia this • Friday
(Nov. 19).  I and most of the Northern Virginia Lego Train Club will be • there.
The Shopping Center opens at 8am, and the stores (including the Lego one) • open
at 10am.  To get to Potomac Mills, just take I-95 south from the Capital
Beltway until you see a *really* big sign that says Potomac Mills.  It • isn't
too far south of the Beltway, if I remember correctly.  We hope to see you
there!

Jeff

Re: Lego Store OPEN in Virginia