 Local / United Kingdom / 2133
  UKLUG Prototype online

That was quick! Some thoughts: Another section will be needed for the Jamabalaya project. (Also known as the J-Box). Why are BB and The Entertainer on the title bar with UKLUG? They can also be found in the Shopping section. Just thought it might (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) BB because they're pretty cool and were part one of "threads that draw the brits together against those darn yanks" and TE because they're part two of "t t d t b t a t d y"... Oh, wait, I'm not supposed to post to this thread, am I? Anyway, I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) You are always welcome Larry... we are a very inclusive community. Scott A (24 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

Liam's Right, We don't want to forget about the J box, this is an ongoing part of the Uk scene and will grow! (hopefully) Anyone out there currently not in the J Box, want to join in? Please mail me for details: jason-shirley@brisco...erve.co.uk (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) Yes! That's what I wanted to say, but didn't want to kick up a fuss. We Brits being more reserved than those banned Yank imposters. -- Liam. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) So why did you post to it if you already knew :-D The top bar is just for major links, Busy-Bee is my own site obviously, The Entertainer's web-site has been around for ages and was always part of the design plan because it offers online (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) If you do use that as a sig, please be kind to others and put it in the standard sig format, meaning two -'s followed by a space character right before the actual sig (example at bottom of this message). That way, the sig can be stripped (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) OK, I read it. And? I may not LIVE in the UK, but I'm discussing things relevant to the UK, just as I did recently in loc.de when it looked like I might get to go there... Note followups. (24 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) Yep - Netscape usually puts the -- in there anyway. Carbon 60 (24 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) Strange thing is though that your 'example' appears to consist fo two -'s followed by a carriage return (no space) :) What is this -- code anyway? I've not encountered that before Simon (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  dash dash space sig (was: Re: UKLUG Prototype online)

(...) Oops, I shouldda posted that from a real newsreader. I posted it from the web interface, which strips trailing blanks from lines to reduce line wrapping problems. (...) It's a standard NNTP/Usenet sig thing going back decades (I think). Your (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

(...) Is there a website for this or should I just create a short intro page with your e-mail address on it? Care to write the intro? Carbon 60 (24 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: dash dash space sig (was: Re: UKLUG Prototype online)

(...) "\n-- \n", actually. I don't think the practice actually goes back multiple decades - remember, in 1981, people were reading NETnews on 300 baud dumb terminals.. My guess would be the sigdelimiter convention dates to the middle 80s. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)