 Local / Eesti / * (-5)
Subject:
European Federation of LEGO user groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.ee, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.gi, lugnet.loc.bg, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.is, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.at
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 22:39:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello everybody,

De Bouwsteen is the Dutch LEGO users group and has currently almost 600
members. Amongst other activities, we organize three club events a year
and we are also actively participating in LEGO world, the biggest LEGO
event of Europe, with in the year 2002 over 37000 visitors in five days.

We would like to get in contact with as much as possible other LEGO user
groups in Europe (or people who are interested in starting up a LEGO
user group) to discuss the possibility of forming an European Federation
of LEGO user groups.

The purpose of this European Federation of LEGO user groups is to
exchange information about the organization of the different LEGO user
groups, the organization of events, as well small events as big events
like LEGO world, and also to synchronize agenda's to minimize the
overlap of events in different countries.

Another advantage of an European Federation of LEGO users group is that
it will be easier to communicate with LEGO and that white gaps are being
identified.

If you would like to discuss about the possibiliteis of an European
Federation of LEGO user groups, please contact me, Paul Koelewijn.

Hasta LuEGO,

Paul Koelewijn
President 'De Bouwsteen'

Re: Tallest Lego tower in Tallinn, Estonia, 9/98
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.ee
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Pedro Silva writes:
In lugnet.general, Adam Barr writes:
I am looking for more information on this building, which evidently
(according to the latest Guinness and the Lego website) is still the tallest
one ever at about 82 feet.

I've seen pictures (one in the Ultimate Lego Book) and I am mainly curious
about the design of it. In particular was each section hollow or solid, and
how the design was chosen. I have seen vague references to two people from
Denmark (presumably from Lego) who designed it, but no more details.

Also if anyone happens to known Estonian and feels like translating this
snippet, that would be much appreciated:

http://www.zzz.ee/epl/980810/koguleht.html#art024

Thanks!

- adam

Adam,

Try e-mailing Sonnich Jensen. He is from Denmark, but lies

*lives*, not lies! Sorry 'bout the typo, Sonnich!  :-)

in Estonia - so
he may be able to translate the article.

Hope to have helped,

Pedro

(XFUT loc.dk, loc.ee)

Subject:
Kas keegi seda uudiste gruppi loeb?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ee
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 12:09:25 GMT

Oleks lähe kokku saada!

Sonnich

Subject:
New newsgroup lugnet.loc.eu
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.cz, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.ee, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.hu, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.pl, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.ru, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.sk, lugnet.loc.si, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.tr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.il
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:25:31 GMT

A new wide-spanning newsgroup for LEGO enthusiasts in Europe (European Union
and European countries) has just been created.  This will help minimize
massive crossposting in the case of wide topic discussions such as a
European LEGO Fest.

CHARTER/PURPOSE
===============

-> lugnet.loc.eu (group):
      European Union & European countries

   lugnet.loc.* (hierarchy):
      General-purpose discussion groups for LEGO® enthusiasts, for
      hundreds of specific localities around the world: events, social
      gatherings, swap-meets, fests, tours, shopping excursions, local

TO SUBSCRIBE
============

To participate via NNTP (netnews), point your newsreader here:

or  news://lugnet.com:1119/lugnet.loc.eu
or  news://lugnet.com:8000/lugnet.loc.eu
or  news://lugnet.com:8080/lugnet.loc.eu

To participate via HTTP (web interface), point your web browser here:

   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/eu/

To subscribe via SMTP (e-mail), point your web browser here:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/mail/

To register for posting to any LUGNET group (if you haven't yet done so),
point your web browser here:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

--Todd

Subject:
Dreaming of a European Legofest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.cz, lugnet.loc.ee, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.hu, lugnet.loc.pl, lugnet.loc.ru
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:12:15 GMT

The great experience of meeting in person other Lego enthusiasts at the
MindFest and at some Italian Legofests, makes me dream of a European Legofest.

Some remarks about this topic (talking freely):

- Saying "European" I use the term in its geographical meaning. I don't care
at all about any political issue or about countries that are or are not
members of the EU.

- "European" means that it takes place somewhere in Europe to make it easier
for European people to join, but the gathering should be IMO open to anybody
coming from anywhere in the world.

- This project is meaningful only if it collects enough interest and
participants. A meeting of three people could be fun but it's not a Legofest
IMHO.

- To minimise the effort for the participants to join the meeting, it should
take place at a location very close to the geographical "center of gravity" of
the incoming people. This sounds me like north of France, but it obviously
depends on where the coming people are from, and mostly depends on who is
going to candidate to organise the meeting.

- Organising such a meeting will very likely require a strong logistic effort.
The local group who kindly offer to support the meeting in their country must
be aware that this means to find a proper place to meet, cheap accommodations
for the ones who sleep there, food supplies, etc.

- The participants might be asked to pay a small subscription fee to help the
hosting group cover the costs.

- The meeting should last at least two days to allow people coming from let's
say 1000km to arrive and have time to enjoy the party. A weekend would
probably be ideal.

- If this project takes off, we probably need a lot of time to set it up. We
could plan it for next spring or summer. Summer vacation period may be a good
period for those who want to take this as chance to have a trip with the
family.

- I'm not particularly concerned about the language. Most of us non-English
Europeans speak English to some degree.

Am I alone in this dream or is there anybody who shares it?

Your comments and thoughts are very welcome .

(followup-to: lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org)

Mario

Web page: http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari
LUGNET member page:  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=22
Proud member of ItLUG: http://www.itlug.org