 Local / Canada / British Columbia / Victoria / 64
Re: Announcing the 'Vancouver Lego Club' (VLC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 01:23:52 GMT

Well James, it already happened.  We had a Lego gathering two days ago and
Erin attended, all the way from Nanaimo!  He brought down an amazing cruise
ship that he built (I took around 70 pictures of it, yes it was that big).
We should be putting some pics on the Our Creations web site soon, so you
can take a gander.

P.S.  We had a couple other new attendees as well.  So I was figuring that
by the time you return we will need to rent a hall for meetings!

Silas

James Powell wrote in message ...

Just wondering, what about a club for Vancouver Island (VILC)? Unless • there is
one already and I was just totally oblivious..... Just something to throw
about

Erin,

There is a informal club in victoria, based around Randy A, and asorted • other
people.  I missed out on meeting Linc Smith, but Randy, Silas and so on • have
had a chance to play with my trains...we set them up in Randy's backyard • last
summer right before I left BC.

I'll be back in a year (well, a year 2 months), and I am sure Randy A is • doing
things between then and now (in fact, they had a meeting not too long ago,
because if you look at what Randy posted, he kind of kidded me about it...)

I'm sure if you E-mail Randy, he would be happy to give you the next date • that
a 'meeting' is planned...they tend to be sporadic, at best :)  We'd rather
waste our time playing with lego than discussing how to organize to play • with
lego.

James P (the exile in Newfoundland)