 Local / Australia / Victoria / Melbourne / * (-20)
Subject:
Taj Mahal MOC and TAJ the movie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 01:19:49 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Taj Mahal. This is the 4th time I’ve built this amazing landmark; each at a different scale. This one is by far the smallest with the central structure having a width of only 16 studs.

Other photos can be seen at

I built this model to celebrate the completion of the filming of the movie TAJ. The movie is due to be released in 2010.

A synopsis of the movie and the building of the model can be found at http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=16999

A synopsis of being on the set during the filming and being the Lego “expert” on the set (written by Shannon “Ocean”) http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/125509

Subject:
Announcing Mugs Meeting 2007-09
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:17:59 GMT

Sorry for the late notice, But here are the details for Mugs meet 2007-09

Title: MUGS meeting 2007-09

Date: Sunday 4 November 2007

Time: 10:00 - 17:00

Location: Amaroo Neighbourhood Centre, Chadstone.

Notes: Maps can be found here

Activities: MOCs, trading, chatting, maybe some partsies, maybe some Brikwars?

Announce: MUGS 2007-6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 04:41:46 GMT

Hi all,

Time for another Mugs Meet, Back out west for all you westenites. so now for the
formal annoncement

The Melbourne LEGO Users Group (MUGS) will be hosting a get-together on Saturday
1 September. Here are the details:

Date: Saturday 1 September 2007

Time: 10am-5pm

Location:  Second Footscray Scout Hall
           Barkly Street
           West Footscray

Activities: MOCs, trading, chatting, maybe some partsies. What ever takes your
fancy. So come along and have fun!

Re: Summary: MUGS 2007-5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 00:08:26 GMT

   Rollcall

I think this pic take the cake for best paul face evarrrrr. (This includes the swoosh and OMG bonus bag pics)

Pity I missed it

Aaron

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:44:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Rollcall

Another great day on Sunday, lots of regulars and a couple of new visitors.

Highlights:

   Some Mega Bloks Pirates of the Caribbean sets

   New town sets (modified of course!), and Travis’ SNOTty spaceship

   Building the new harbour set

More pics here after moderation.

ROSCO

Re: Summary: MUGS 2007-1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 00:26:35 GMT

Thats a nice T-Shirt Rosco. I haven’t seen one like that up here in Sydney.

Steve

Re: Summary: MUGS 2007-1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2007 02:48:41 GMT

Yeah, I know it’s #4 not #1. Life goes on.

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2007 02:39:06 GMT

Rollcall

Pretty good turnout at Footscray yesterday, it’s good to have a venue on the other side of the city.

Some good stuff to check out too, including:

   Some more of Ben’s old sets

   Some of Steve’s space ships

   Aaron’s mutant Qantas jet (held together by stickers apparently)

   Travis’ mecha

And a return to the familiar days of partsies!

More pics here.

ROSCO

Announce: MUGS 2007-4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 06:23:13 GMT

Hi all,

Time for another Mugs Meet, this time out West for a change. so now for the
formal annoncement

The Melbourne LEGO Users Group (MUGS) will be hosting a get-together on Sunday
May the 27th. Here are the details:

Date: Sunday 27th of May

Time: 10am-5pm

Location: 3rd Footscray Scout Hall, Raleigh Street, Footscray.
This is located accross the road from Middle Footscray Train station

Activities: MOCs, trading, chatting, maybe some partsies, maybe some Brikwars?
So come along and have fun!

Subject:
Join MUGS at the cubic structural evolution project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:18:53 GMT

There will be an informal MUGS meeting at the National Gallery of Victoria this Sunday 1st April, to view (and interact with) this exhibition. If you’d like to join us, there is no set time, but there will probably be MUGS there from about 12:30.

There will also be a talk “An Introduction to Olafur Eliasson” by Jane Devery at 12:30, cost $7/$5.

ROSCO

Re: Summary: MUGS 2007-1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 05:59:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, Ross Crawford wrote:

Pictures here after moderation.

Glad everyone picked up the mistake. This is the real folder.

ROSCO

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:08:30 GMT

Well a rather unusual meeting today - NO PARTSIES!???!!!??!!?

And due to a communication problem we weren’t able to get in early for out scheduled Brikwars contest, which didn’t really matter because Travis was the only one who turned up with an army anyway...

But there was still a large turnout, with one new suck^H^H^H^H member (hi josh!). Highlights include:

   Josh’s space (SPACE!) MOCs

   Derek’s IR controlled Christmas train

   Ben’s collection of patches

Also on display (some built at the meeting) lots of new sets, including the creator F-14 and DeLorean sets, the new Aquazone sets, the not-so-new Technic tow truck and fire truck, and the new Star Wars Imperial Landing Craft (among others).

Pictures here after moderation.

ROSCO

Announce: MUGS 2007-1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:50:55 GMT

Hi all,

Wellcome back to 2007. It’s time we all catch up to share our xmas gifts and holiday builds, so without further to do

The Melbourne LEGO Users Group (MUGS) will be hosting a get-together on Sunday February 25th. Here are the details:

Date: Sunday 25th of Feb

Time: 11am-6pm

Location: Amaroo Neighbourhood Centre, Chadstone. Maps can be found here.

Activities: MOCs, trading, chatting, maybe some partsies, maybe some Brikwars? So come along and have fun!

(posting in place of Rosco, cause he is slack :P )

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 22:50:40 GMT

Rollcall

A shorter meeting than usual. Present were Kane, Sue ann, Teunis, Ben, George, Ben, Derek, Troy and myself (not in photo). Another new member attended too, someone said his name was Bob, but I wasn’t able to confirm... Some highlights:

   Building the Christmas train

   Sue ann’s promotional brick tower

Pictures here after moderation.

ROSCO

Announce: MUGS 2006-9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 01:40:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

The Melbourne LEGO Users Group (MUGS) will be hosting a get-together on Sunday December 3rd. Here are the details:
  • Date: December 3rd
  • Time: 11am-6pm
  • Location: Amaroo Neighbourhood Centre, Chadstone. Maps can be found here.
  • Activities: MOCs, trading, chatting, maybe some partsies, maybe some Brikwars?
So come along and have fun!

(Hope I got all the dates right this time...)

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 05:38:06 GMT

Rollcall

Another fun day at Tim’s place on Sunday. Present were David, Derek, Tim (duh), Matt, Teunis, Kane, Sue Ann, Travis, Damien, Paul, Aaron, Ben and myself (Ben and myself not in photo). Some highlights:

   Teunis’ new loco

   Belville Partsies (Pinksies????)

Pictures here after moderation.

ROSCO

Re: Question regarding the link between Mugs and M>ltc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:42:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, Benjamin Whytcross wrote:
I have been wondering about the link between our two groups for some time, and
think that we, as a group, need to determine the relationship between these two
organisations.

Answered on Yahoo list.

ROSCO

Subject:
Question regarding the link between Mugs and M>ltc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:23:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I have been wondering about the link between our two groups for some time, and
think that we, as a group, need to determine the relationship between these two
organisations. This coming weekend has brought this question to prominence.

For a start, is M>ltc a sub-group of MUGS, or is it a seperate entity?

In the case of M>ltc being a sub-group:
1) Why are M>ltc meetings NOT being posted on the MUGS calender?

2) Why is MUGS (the main group) being moved to accomodate the M>ltc sub group?
It should be the other way, with M>ltc joining the MUGS event.(Specifically so
as the M>ltc meeting wasn't even known until some time AFTER the MUGS meeting
was booked at Amaroo, and placed on calender.)

In the case of M>ltc being a seperate entity:
1) Why is a MUGS meeting NOT being held as promoted at Amaroo centre this
week-end? Those who would prefer to attend M>ltc are welcome to, while those who
would prefer a straight MUGS meeting, would be able to.

2) Why is there so much (or for that matter, ANY) discussion of M>ltc events in
the MUGS list forum?

I have no problems in whatever relationship between M>ltc and MUGS, but I
believe we need to establish the relationship between the two groups. At present
the organisation doesn't appear professional in any way, and to be able to
continue as a group(s) we need to bring a level of professionalism to the
group(s).

Of course, that's just my opinion, feel free to add your own thoughts...But bear
in mind that we NEED to find an answer to this issue soon.

Benjamin Whytcross

Re: Announce: MUGS 2006-8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 03:24:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, Ross Crawford wrote:
   Hi all,

The Melbourne LEGO Users Group (MUGS) will be hosting a get-together on Sunday April 9th. Here are the details:
  • Date: November 5th
  • Time: 11am-6pm
  • Location: Tim’s place, Cranbourne. Email australiabrickshop@hotmail.com for details.
  • Activities: BBQ (BYO food and drink), M>ltc layout, MOCs, plans for Brickvention, trading, chatting, maybe some partsies, maybe some Brikwars?
So come along and have fun!

Sounds vool! No one bends the space-time continuum like the MUGs.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Re: Announce: MUGS 2006-8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 03:24:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, Ross Crawford wrote:
   The Melbourne LEGO Users Group (MUGS) will be hosting a get-together on Sunday April 9th.

Yes of course I meant November 5th. Can’t you read????? 8?)

ROSCO

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact