 Licensed / Batman / 15
    Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Allister McLaren
   (...) Aren't torture chambers generally located in the basement? I reckon it's the Lobotomy Ward. That's much more jolly. (...) Batman as a theme in general touches on some pretty dark themes that probably aren't appropriate for children. I've often (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Tim David
     (...) Reading through this thread I was coming to the same conclusions. I think its the main point. If a film is unsuitable for children then why are toys made of it? Tim (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

         Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Dave Schuler
     (...) Well, there's a pollyanna answer and a cynical answer. Pollyanna: The toys are produced for teenagers and adults who see the film and who still like to collect; they're only seemingly marketed to children so that the adult buyers feel youthful (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

         Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Kelly McKiernan
     (...) As a born-again Capitalist, the answer is clear to me, and Dave's right: it's all about the money. If somebody can earn money from making toys by tying into a craze, then they'll do it. Far too many companies look only at the bottom line, and (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Timothy Gould
   --snip-- (...) I don't think it can be quite so simple though. A lot of films are MA or PG13 (which any child can see if their parents take them IIRC) because of 'bad language' or nudity, neither of which are likely to make it to the toy product. (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —Bob Parker
     (...) Which can be a bummer IYAM ;-) (URL) (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

        Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing. —David Laswell
   (...) Loathing him as I do, I can't speak for the Spiderman films, but I'd say that the 60's Batman tv show isn't suitable for viewing by anyone. Also, in the US the Star Wars films have all received a PG rating with the exception of RotS which (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jun-07, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)