 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5534
Re: 3033 on the shelf again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 06:49:20 GMT

There's a dearth of 3033s available in Aus right now, has anyone in aus seen
one with different brick counts?

ROSCO (added .loc.au)

I bought 120 tubs last week and am unpacking them now. Only have 24 here,
the rest to be picked up weekend after next from layby.

I started documenting the batch codes (4 digits, printed in black on side of
tub) and the contents within. Only started at tub #16 but I have nearly 100
more to open to test the theory.

3 tubs contained the bulk 1x4's. Contained inside is about 2 bags chockers
with 1x4's and more 1x4's scattered in the other bags. The other 6 tubs
contained the standard 'peeron' quantities. I noticed differing tubs styles
(some have thin flimsy lids which my first 54 bought ages ago didn't have)
and the lids have 2 holes in them, 1 on each handle. These different tubs
did not collate with different brick quantities.

Anyway, these are the results (9) so far,

Bulk 1x4 tubs = 3x1722
Bulk 1x2 tubs = 1x0422, 1x0522 and 4x0722.

Lets hope the batch codes can help in being able to pick the good 3033's
before you buy any. When I have time, I will do an inventory of the new
style 3033's.

-Brad