 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 214
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:15:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.announce, Brad Justus writes:
Greetings! After a somewhat longer-than-intended absence, I’m back, and with
good news: LEGO Direct is pleased to announce that bulk sales from LEGO start
today, June 14.

I visited the new bulk ordering section for Lego Shop at Home.

What i don't get is their pricing -- it's all screwed up, not a
good deal at all:

For example, lets buy 1 of each, A. B. C. D. E. & F. of the standard
bricks they are offering -- all the same color.

This totals 300 pieces, costing $41.  This is 13-14 cents
per lego.  OK -- take 10% off if you buy 10 or more and still, thats
12 cents per brick.

At lego shop at home, take their always avilable single color
assortment.   62 pieces for $5.50.  This is 8.7 cents per brick.

On ebay i the average price bulk is $0.03 - $0.04, more for white and
gray.  For example, a typical price on a Bulk 1000 piece assortment
in red is at most $30.  White and gray sometimes goes for double,
but even then it's 6 cents per brick.  My best ebay deal was 2600
*new* black bricks for $20, less than a penny a brick.

even the roof tiles are worse deals then the roof tiles they have
always had in the S@H catalog.

What i really want is TRUE bulk discounts, for people ordering 1000's
of each brick type.

What they have there is pointless.  I'm also going to place my
S@H orders NOW because they are changing the "Shipping Included"
pricing to price + shipping.  I bet in the end it will cost you
more $$ out of the pocket.

-Tom Carstensen