 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 217
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:51:32 GMT

On ebay i the average price bulk is $0.03 - $0.04, more for white and
gray.  For example, a typical price on a Bulk 1000 piece assortment
in red is at most $30.  White and gray sometimes goes for double,
but even then it's 6 cents per brick.  My best ebay deal was 2600
*new* black bricks for $20, less than a penny a brick.

Here is the deal: It is great in Gray.  Good in White/Green.  Poor way to get
Red/Black, _but_ they have been available from S@H for a long time.

even the roof tiles are worse deals then the roof tiles they have
always had in the S@H catalog.

What?  No, they are a different selection.  If you are building a roof of any
real size, the current pack contains 14 2x4 roof bricks (red pack)  Price is
5.50/pack.

To get 50 of them would take (50/14=3 packs, costing $16.50) vice $7.99. If you
are building large buildings, this is a much cheaper way to get them.

What i really want is TRUE bulk discounts, for people ordering 1000's
of each brick type.

I'd like to see that as well.  I could full well see spending a large amount of
money to get bulk _red_ bricks (perhaps I am strange, I like red bricks for
building town structures,  although I would want 1x2 ones...if you have them, I
am willing to buy them at .02/each, min 1K pieces)

Of the basic colours, they would be my choice for building.  I'd like to see 4x
or 6x plates, in particular 12 or 16 long for building floors in buildings,
plus the 1x tiles (even 1x1 and 1x4 only would be great).  I have allready
posted about being ready to drop $100 on flowerstems, the short trees kind of
interest me, but it will not be until later before I can order (going on
vacation in a week)

Overall, I am quite happy that Lego has released some parts in bulk, although I
question some of the choices offered on the basis of not compeating with
resellers.

James