 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 173
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:13:54 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Brad Justus writes:
Greetings! After a somewhat longer-than-intended absence, I'm back, and with
good news: LEGO Direct is pleased to announce that bulk sales from LEGO start
today, June 14.

Our first bulk releases include standard bricks (1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 2x2, 2x4, 2x8)
in light grey, dark green, black, red, and white; as well as plates and smooth
tiles in black, red, and white; windows and doors; and spruce trees.  The
elements come in lots of 100, 50, or 25 per bag, depending on the size of the
element. There is no minimum purchase (well, you have to buy at least one
bag!) - and no limits on the maximum. Plus, let me stress that this is only
the first release: this autumn we will be enlarging the assortment of standard
elements, adding hard-to-find colors, and extending the range of more
specialized elements.

Thanks Brad!  This is an excellent start for bulk ordering.
I can't wait to see what new elements are added this fall.  Would
you like suggestions?

KL

Re: bulk ordering is here!
[...]

Thanks Brad!!!   My 15 year old dream has finally become a reality!!
It is nice to see that your first initial offering has given a little bit to
everyone!

White 2x2 classic windows!  Yahooooooooo!  And white 2x2 tiles!  Excuse me while I
wipe the drool off of my keyboard..........

I do like the idea of prepackaged parts.  Saves on manual counting.

As Kevin Loch stated, perhaps you could use some ideas for future bulk packages.
Here are a few sample items I have thought up.  Note these packs contain more than
one piece type, but are all related to each other.  And only one color per pack:

Large Arches Pack  (1x12x3, 1x4x5 (half arches), 1x8x2, 1x6x2).
Small Arches Pack (1x6x1, 1x4x2, 1x4x1, 1x3x1).
Small Tile Packs (1x1, 1x2, 1x2 (central stud), 1x3).
Large Tile Packs (1x4,1x6, 1x8, 1x10).
Small Rounded Bricks pack (1x1, 1x1 (cone), 1x1 plate).
Medium Rounded Bricks pack (2x2, 2x2 plates).
Large Round Bricks pack (2x2 quarter circle, 4x4 quarter circle).
Fence pack (1x4x1, 1x4x2, 1x4x2 (gate), 1x16x1 (girder).
Steep Slope pack (1x2x3, 2x2x3, 2x2x3 (corner), 2x2x2 (pyramid).
Low Slope pack (1x3, 2x3, 3x3, 4x3, 3x3 (corner), 2x2 (peak) 2x4 (peak)).
Regular Slope pack (current mix of all regular sloped bricks).

I haven't included a window pack because I am still waiting to find out if the
classic era window molds are still available.

THANKS AGAIN BRAD!!

Gary Istok

Re: bulk ordering is here!
I would like to add a request and ask about a few pieces that perhaps
doesn't exist yet.

[...]

An inverted slopes pack, consisting of all current regular inverted slopes.
I'm wondering if it's feasible for TLG to do a steep-sided version of their
1x2x3 inverted steep slope bricks or not.  Is it also possible to get this
with a 2x2 top profile, and various combinations that would be possible as a
result?  My thinking is that making the molds for casting such parts would
be fairly complex but I've seen TLG do plenty of fairly complex looking
pieces already.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde