 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 238
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:39:07 GMT

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
news:3948F0F4.297EC84B@umich.edu...

I would like to add a request and ask about a few pieces that perhaps
doesn't exist yet.

As Kevin Loch stated, perhaps you could use some ideas for future bulk • packages.
Here are a few sample items I have thought up.  Note these packs contain • more than
one piece type, but are all related to each other.  And only one color per • pack:

Large Arches Pack  (1x12x3, 1x4x5 (half arches), 1x8x2, 1x6x2).
Small Arches Pack (1x6x1, 1x4x2, 1x4x1, 1x3x1).
Small Tile Packs (1x1, 1x2, 1x2 (central stud), 1x3).
Large Tile Packs (1x4,1x6, 1x8, 1x10).
Small Rounded Bricks pack (1x1, 1x1 (cone), 1x1 plate).
Medium Rounded Bricks pack (2x2, 2x2 plates).
Large Round Bricks pack (2x2 quarter circle, 4x4 quarter circle).
Fence pack (1x4x1, 1x4x2, 1x4x2 (gate), 1x16x1 (girder).
Steep Slope pack (1x2x3, 2x2x3, 2x2x3 (corner), 2x2x2 (pyramid).
Low Slope pack (1x3, 2x3, 3x3, 4x3, 3x3 (corner), 2x2 (peak) 2x4 (peak)).
Regular Slope pack (current mix of all regular sloped bricks).

An inverted slopes pack, consisting of all current regular inverted slopes.
I'm wondering if it's feasible for TLG to do a steep-sided version of their
1x2x3 inverted steep slope bricks or not.  Is it also possible to get this
with a 2x2 top profile, and various combinations that would be possible as a
result?  My thinking is that making the molds for casting such parts would
be fairly complex but I've seen TLG do plenty of fairly complex looking
pieces already.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde