 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 168
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 13:26:48 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Brad Justus writes:
Greetings! After a somewhat longer-than-intended absence, I’m back, and with
good news: LEGO Direct is pleased to announce that bulk sales from LEGO start
today, June 14.

Well, everyone else has taken care of saying how neat this is, just add one
more tick mark to the chorus. Hopefully if we start to demonstrate that we will
buy lots and lots there may be some future improvement on pricing.

Our first bulk releases include standard bricks (1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 2x2, 2x4, 2x8)
in light grey, dark green, black, red, and white; as well as plates and smooth
tiles in black, red, and white; windows and doors; and spruce trees.

What I actually wanted to comment on was the images. These are neat. I did a
little looking (especially at the spruce and at the transparent thinwall) and I
gotta say that I really like them. Can Brad or anyone from TLC tell us where
they came from? Check out the shading/highlighting on the lower part of the
thinwall.

I'm speculating but these don't look like they were hand drawn, rather they
look like program output

Any chance of some sort of future bridge between official TLG data and our
hobbist stuff?

We hope that you are as excited as we are with the arrival of the bulk
service. It is but the first of many new offerings which will be appearing in
the coming months. For the next release of bulk elements later this year, we
hope to incorporate some of your many requests, and will develop a more formal
system on LEGO.com (but thanks, Jason Catena) for recording your desires.

Oh, and a big hats off to Jason for that.

++Lar