 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1369
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 04:11:35 GMT

I've been reading this thread with interest.

The PC industry was created when Compaq reverse engineered the BIOS chip on
the IBM PC back in the early 80's.  All other components of the computer
were bought from other sources.  The only chip IBM created was the BIOS
chip.  Compaq couldn't buy this from IBM, so they went about figuring out
how that chip worked and made their own version that performed the exact
same function.

If I can reverse engineer someone else's creation for my own enjoyment, I
have every right to.  There is no damage to anyone.

Now if I sell that design, that's a different story...