 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1317
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:45:39 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Chris Leach writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Bryan Wong writes:

I nearly missed it myself!  Go back to http://www.lego.com/press/
and scroll down.  There should be 3 "blocks" of text, in orange, green, and
purple.  Click on the orange block "Online LEGO users design their own sets"
and you'll find the relevant text on that page.
Hmmm,hey Tom does this mean we can design and order sets with garage
doors?Or sets with dare i say MONORAIL!
This is getting exciting! :)

Bryan

I think that TLC will guard against this by limiting the number of elements
included in the software. For example, if this software includes a database
of say, 1000 parts (a wild guess), our personalized instructions will not be
able to contain other parts than those 1000.

This way, TLC will limit the number of parts it will have to produce for us
and will help keep the cost of the endeavor in check. Unfortunately, it will
mean that we won't be able to order "any part in any color". However, I hope
I am  wrong :-) .

Kev Z (Who dreamt of monorails, vehicle doors and round trees last night)