 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1098

Re: So did you wonder about me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:54:21 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Jake McKee writes:

I am happy to tell you all that the wonderful
opportunity that I referred to when I announce BotB was going out of
business is my joining Lego Direct!

Congratulations!  As Larry said, I take it as a good sign that LEGO seems to be
hiring lots of AFOLs.

I have come on board as a Senior Producer and am already working on some
really cool projects. There is alot of really great things coming soon!

We look forward to them!  And don't be afraid to drop hints about what you
might be working on....

One thing I would like to offer a little more info on is the new Mosaic
product. I have seen one of these first hand and it is awesome!! You get a
large baseplate, and enough 2x4 45 degree slopes to create the frame. Then,
based on your design, you will get enough 1x1 plates (that's plates, not
tiles)to actually create the design.

Well, as soon as you get them to change it to tiles, you probably know you'll
sell about 5 times as many.  And I know you'll get them to change it to tiles.
Right?  Right?  ;D

More coming soon!

Looking forward to it, and good luck in your new position!

eric

Re: So did you wonder about me?
In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.announce, Jake McKee writes:

One thing I would like to offer a little more info on is the new Mosaic
product. I have seen one of these first hand and it is awesome!! You get a
large baseplate, and enough 2x4 45 degree slopes to create the frame. Then,
based on your design, you will get enough 1x1 plates (that's plates, not
tiles)to actually create the design.

Well, as soon as you get them to change it to tiles, you probably know you'll
sell about 5 times as many.  And I know you'll get them to change it to tiles.
Right?  Right?  ;D

It will probably never be tiles.
How could you easily remove a misplaced tile in middle of the picture - sure it
would look better, but switch to tiles and you are seriously looking at a niche
adult market.
Tiles should be a bulk product.

-Jon

Re: So did you wonder about me?