 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1136
Re: So did you wonder about me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:27:40 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jon Kozan writes:

Well, as soon as you get them to change it to tiles, you probably know you'll
sell about 5 times as many.  And I know you'll get them to change it to tiles.
Right?  Right?  ;D

It will probably never be tiles.
How could you easily remove a misplaced tile in middle of the picture - sure it
would look better, but switch to tiles and you are seriously looking at a niche
adult market.
Tiles should be a bulk product.

Plus, if they are tiles, it sure doesn't look very "Lego"...Just another
strange picture!

Jake McKee
Senior Producer - Lego Direct

Hey Jake,  Congratulations!  I'm always happy when AFOLs get employed by TLC.

Any idea if TLC will reintroduce any of the classic windows (besides the 1x2x2 that
they're selling right now in white)?  It is very difficult for AFOL's to build a
model of their own house with the current selection.

Gary Istok