 LEGO Company / 955
Re: 1 Question: assurances & limitations [Re: LEGOFan.net - central community... ]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:04:28 GMT

In lugnet.org, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur wrote:

Jake can you clarify this? I expect ‘support’ and use of the word “lego” in
the url has been given subject to assurances or limitations with regard the
content of the site.

Actually not.  What we _have_ discussed is to make it possible for parents to
decide that some classes of content is unsuitable for their children, and for
users of the site to decide some age limits for access to content/discussion
groups they create.  The implementation is not fixed yet, but I hope we will get
around to publish the current specification soon.

one of the points made by Brad Justus in the original WorldLUG discussion was
that kid-oriented information is mired in a morass of legal difficulties
particularly in Europe.  There are laws about what you can show them, what you
can ask them, what you can collect from them, cookies, etc.

Please, please, be sure that you are familiar with these issues or you run
serious legal risks.

-paul