 Organizations / 713
Re: 1 Question: assurances & limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:41:47 GMT

Paul Hartzog wrote:

one of the points made by Brad Justus in the original
WorldLUG discussion was that kid-oriented information is
mired in a morass of legal difficulties particularly in
Europe.

I have a somewhat different view of things.  I would
rather block access to my server from the USA than having
to be responsible for its content according to laws in the
USA.

There are laws about what you can show them, what you can
ask them, what you can collect from them, cookies, etc.

Only sensible rules.  And they are basically the same for
children and grownups.

Please, please, be sure that you are familiar with these
issues or you run serious legal risks.

I am reasonably familiar with European privacy regulations.
And I do not find them problematic or difficult to comply
with.

The only real trouble is for organisations with servers
located both inside and outside the EU.  They are in general
_not_ allowed to transfer any user data from the servers
inside the EU to servers outside the EU (there are
exceptions to this rule though).

And don't worry.  We will do our best to follow all the
regulations of the country hosting the site, once we get
that far.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Sal Colibri (from Roger Leloup's "Yoko Tsuno"):
          http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Fly/Colibri/