 Organizations / 712
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:56:45 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

What about the official Lego exclusive pictures/releases,
etc., alluded to in the original announcement?

That is one of those tricky problems we haven't resolved
yet.  But I can say as much as that LEGO hasn't said no to
it yet (although I expect they will).  No matter what, the
rights I imagine are important for LEGO (that other people
don't present pictures of official models as their own) are
still protected, even if the pictures are published under an
open license.

Another thing: I think it is wrong to think of whatever
information LEGO delivers to a group as exclusive.  Isn't
the whole point in releasing the information to get it out
to as many people as possible?  I am not sure I would like
to host official information from LEGO on LEGOFan.net, if
we are not allowed to distribute it to other sites.  I would
like people to come to LEGOFan.net because it is a good
interface to the online LEGO fan community, not because the
site has a monopoly on some information.

But as it has been said before; this has not been resolved
yet.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Classic racing car (with building instructions):
     http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Biler/Veteranbil/