 LEGO Company / 2297
Re: Trip Report: PaB at St Jacobs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:03:00 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Derek Raycraft wrote:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Is the large bag at the St Jacobs store the same size as this one:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/Meetings/MichLUG-2004-sep-11/dscn2940.jpg

1 - suffice it to say that I felt it was *cough* 6.95 USD *cough* a good deal.

Man if if that was the price I would have filled every bag they had.
Well maybe that's what you did, you're just not telling us. :-)

Naa. It had to fit in my carryon.

I'm guessing someone made an error in the bag selection because that's a
small bag for the by weight pick a bricks.

Yes. That's what I meant when I said Billund, sorry for any confusion. The large
one is much larger.

Our bags are way smaller
then that.  Actually I wish they had a bag that size.  If I seriously
need some parts I don't want to have to fill these little tiny bags for
hours on end.

I'm with you there, even this bigger one is no fun. A trick I was shown is to
cut the sides of the bag flaps. (you may be able to see that they have been cut
in the pic) That then allows you to fold them down right to where the ziplock is
and they are out of the way. That way you get far less parts skittering away to
make messes and get stepped on and etc.

Another trick that helps is to make a cone from a piece of paper and use it as a
funnel. It helps to have cooperation of the store personnel because you want to
do that with the parts starting from a flat surface that you just push off the
edge and into the funnel, rather than from mid air where it is liable to cause a
BIGGER mess than the original process.

No matter how fun Calum claims it is.

He did? I don't always get his sarcasm but that wasn't my read. I read his words
to say he found it tedious in the extreme to have the parts go skittering away
through the handle holes...

I think that bag is designed to make it hard to buy a lot, if you ask me...