 LEGO Company / 2291
Re: Trip Report: PaB at St Jacobs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:57:43 GMT

Calum:

Is the large bag at the St Jacobs store the same size as this one:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/Meetings/MichLUG-2004-sep-11/dscn2940.jpg

or is it some different size? The comparision with a large cup is rather
striking. This bag is the same size as the 'small' bag at Billund (and at the
random brick sales location that was at LEGOWorld). but there is a smaller bag
out there.

Thanks.

As far as your comments about the neatness of St Jacobs and the other two stores
run by that outfit... I think I agree. I know I like them a lot! St Jacobs was
the highlight of my Waterloo/Kitchener trip last year... They run a good store,
have a neat selection, and good prices.

Re: Trip Report: PaB at St Jacobs
Is the large bag at the St Jacobs store the same size as this one:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/Meetings/MichLUG-2004-sep-11/dscn2940.jpg

or is it some different size? The comparision with a large cup is rather
striking. This bag is the same size as the 'small' bag at Billund (and at the
random brick sales location that was at LEGOWorld). but there is a smaller bag
out there.

The large bag at St Jacobs is smaller than the bag in the photo linked above.  A
lot smaller, IIRC.  The small bag has a little less volume than a 355ml can of
pop.  The large bag exceeds the dimensions of the small bag by about two cm in
each dimension when folded flat.  I think it could fit the entire can of pop
inside with a bit of room to spare.  I'm not sure, I didn't buy one.  Both Derek
and I came to the conclusion the small bag was a better deal.

run by that outfit... I think I agree. I know I like them a lot! St Jacobs was
the highlight of my Waterloo/Kitchener trip last year... They run a good store,
have a neat selection, and good prices.

The selection and staff are excellent.  The prices, at least for this cheapskate Canadian, are okay but not something I'd find worth the drive for.  They're about the same as any other retailer.   The PaB and more unusual items make it worth the trip.  Once in a while they get something really good (Rotation sensors for cheap or those Window and Door sets they had for $3.50 back when Lego Canada cleared out their stock.) but it's few and far between.

Calum

Re: Trip Report: PaB at St Jacobs