 LEGO Company / 2243
Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:05:53 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Erik Amzallag wrote:

<snipped a bit>

I've some questions :
Why do we find any more LEGO sets on the supermarkets (in France) ? Why do we
find LEGO sets only on toys shops, and that, only when Megablocks don't take all
the place on the LEGO shelves ?

Same problem here in Portugal. It becomes more and more difficult to find Lego
sets at supermarkets. And we only have a few of them (We don't have Targets,
K-Mart, Well-Mart, etc). Even TRU don't have the entire catalog anymore. We have
to go through e-bay or Bricklink. Why is this happening? Any clue Jake?

Why am I obliged to buy all my LEGO sets when
they are at their half price or on the *second* or* parallel* market ?
Maybe because the prices are *slightly* high ?

Same here. Only buy sets at clearance. Full retail prices are bankrupting.
(Yeah, like clearance isn't bankrupting too:-)

Best regards,

Paulo Renato