 LEGO Company / 2235

UPDATE: New locomotive pricing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:47:33 GMT

All,

Many apologies, but it was just pointed out to me that I made a mistake in my
keynote about the pricing on the new locomotive, 10133.

The correct prices are:

USD 39.99 (as mentioned in the keynote)

EURO 39.99 (rather than the 29.99 EURO I had in my keynote)

Sorry about the confusion, totally my mistake.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing
lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:59:09 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:
All,

Many apologies, but it was just pointed out to me that I made a mistake in my
keynote about the pricing on the new locomotive, 10133.

The correct prices are:

USD 39.99 (as mentioned in the keynote)

EURO 39.99 (rather than the 29.99 EURO I had in my keynote)

Sorry about the confusion, totally my mistake.

Hi,

It was with a great pleasure that we watch the streaming on Saturday
from BF. Quite late here in France, as it was 11:30pm.

It was another great surprise to see that prices between Europe and
USA were following the Euro/$ rate.

This update just show that our hope in LEGO changing its policy
and stop asking outrageous price for EU is still not real.

Jake, nothing personal, but Why, Ô! Why, cannot we get
the Euro/$ rate respected ?? Is LEGO manufactured for USA
made in Taiwan ???

The ISD is another good example, Between S@H US and FR, there is a
100Euro difference, not small.

I'm sure you do understand our feeling, and will act in the good way.
To me, the prices given in your keynotes were so nice ;))

And I jump to ask when the cap will be available for all (in EU) ?

Regards
  Gael - FreeLUG

Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing
lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:47:45 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
All,

Many apologies, but it was just pointed out to me that I made a mistake in my
keynote about the pricing on the new locomotive, 10133.

The correct prices are:

USD 39.99 (as mentioned in the keynote)

EURO 39.99 (rather than the 29.99 EURO I had in my keynote)

Sorry about the confusion, totally my mistake.

Hi Jake

Thanks for the presentation of the next train set (although the presentation at
BF was too late for me in the night), but I'm very disappointed by the announce
of the correct price :-(

As Gael, I'd like to react. Yes, we know that American and European markets are
not the same as you say at each Q&A, but I really don't understand the
difference between them.

I've some questions :
Why do we find any more LEGO sets on the supermarkets (in France) ? Why do we
find LEGO sets only on toys shops, and that, only when Megablocks don't take all
the place on the LEGO shelves ?  Why am I obliged to buy all my LEGO sets when
they are at their half price or on the *second* or* parallel* market ?
Maybe because the prices are *slightly* high ?

Why don't TLC react on this problem by adjusting its prices policy ?

I don't stop buying LEGO sets because of the new grey or the flesh color of minifigs by example. I will still buy LEGO sets for a while. But I'm very very disappointed by the gap between american end european prices. Please understand this feeling. I was really happy for this set and its european price, now I'm sad :'(   It's the same thing for each new set :(

Regards
Erik / brickerik

Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing
lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:05:53 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Erik Amzallag wrote:

<snipped a bit>

I've some questions :
Why do we find any more LEGO sets on the supermarkets (in France) ? Why do we
find LEGO sets only on toys shops, and that, only when Megablocks don't take all
the place on the LEGO shelves ?

Same problem here in Portugal. It becomes more and more difficult to find Lego
sets at supermarkets. And we only have a few of them (We don't have Targets,
K-Mart, Well-Mart, etc). Even TRU don't have the entire catalog anymore. We have
to go through e-bay or Bricklink. Why is this happening? Any clue Jake?

Why am I obliged to buy all my LEGO sets when
they are at their half price or on the *second* or* parallel* market ?
Maybe because the prices are *slightly* high ?

Same here. Only buy sets at clearance. Full retail prices are bankrupting.
(Yeah, like clearance isn't bankrupting too:-)

Best regards,

Paulo Renato

Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing
lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:58:58 GMT

Here is my take on the math

USD - 40

in EUR approx 32.40 EUR.

BUT in USA taxes are on top, in Europe, ~25% VAT is included so

40.63 EUR would be the VAT INCLUDED PRICE.

SO the price seems to make sense no??

Re: UPDATE: New locomotive pricing