 LEGO Company / 1179
  So ya want a 'Legend', eh? was Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Well, it wasn't in the list, but if you want a true 'legend' from the past that shouldn't be too difficult to do, here's my favourite set pre-1979-- (URL) a beautiful set in its simplicity and elagance. I'm sure the tires are adaptable, the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  RE: So ya want a 'Legend', eh? was Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

I wouldn't mind seeing the first set I ever got as a child... (URL) still have 2 of the figs that came with it! Jeff www.jlshawwebdesign.com www.jlshawwebdesign.com/dac - The Dsibani Alliance Core Site www.jlshawwebdesign..../dacsector - DAC Forums (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: So ya want a 'Legend', eh? was Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) I'm with you on that, Dave. That was my first big set (not counting the collections of bricks) and I remember it fondly. Those 1 x 8 arches were a major step in the architecture department, and opened up many possibilities. I would also (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: So ya want a 'Legend', eh? was Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) That door piece was used as recently as the re-issue of the Fort Legoredo so its definatly within the relms of possibilitiy. But, there are other parts in that set that make it less likely to re-appear: the "TV" antenna the baseplate (dont (...) (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: So ya want a 'Legend', eh? was Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

Yep, one of my all-time favorites. One of the few intact sets from my childhood - I actually found the set {completely built} in my old tubs. I don't have the box, but I think I still even have the instructions. I had it displayed on our bookshelves (...) (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)