 LEGO Company / 1082
1081  |  1083
Subject:
I want my money back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:23:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Terry Prosper wrote:
   Let me put it this way : after seeing the new and old grays together in a project, it is my opinion that the persons who approved the color change should be fired by TLG.

I would say I hate the change, but you asked to be calm and non-hateful. However, I will say that there is nothing worst LEGO has done in my opinion in the last 20 years to kill the enjoyability of the toy by adults. After reading the article in which Kjeld said the company was going back to its core and focusing on children, I’m wondering if it also means that the adults are now meaningless.

Anyway, I’m sorry if it’s not exactly the king of answer you were hoping for. I’m not against new colors, but don’t touch the ones already in place!

Terry

I just bought my first 2004 set with brown, l-gray and d-gray. If I’m happy with the set itself (4501), I must say that I truly don’t appreciate the nw colors. I had already seen them before in a project from someone else, but now that I have some at home, I am appaled. The brown is horrible and the d-gray makes me feel sick. I’ll be calling LEGO later this afternoon to know how I can get the parts in the former, much more beautiful brown, d-gray and l-gray. It will be either that or money back.

Terry