 General / 906
Re: Don't send them in envelopes (Re: Bring Your Minifig To Work Day)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 04:03:54 GMT

James Seibert <james@vci.net> writes:

A heartfelt plea,

---Warning---, I am a technician that has worked on Postal machinery. The
Postal service uses machines to sort their mail and would crush and mangle the
minifigs. Normal flat letters are okay, but a minifig would catch in the belts
and rollers resulting in the minifig broken into ABS dust pieces. I get called
to repair machines when people send refrigerator magnets, pens, pencils,
jewelry, etc. in the mail and the articles in question are crushed beyond
recognition between heartless steel rollers.

So I beg you, I don't want to go to any minifig funerals. Please send them in a
small, solid, stamped, self-addressed box.

Mmm, good point.  Maybe turn a small LEGO box inside-out, and put another
one inside that and use $.55 postage x2 ?

Or how about a bubble-pad envelope -- are those safe?

--Todd