 General / 904
903  |  905
Subject:
Don't send them in envelopes (Re: Bring Your Minifig To Work Day)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 02:27:36 GMT

A heartfelt plea,

---Warning---, I am a technician that has worked on Postal machinery. The
Postal service uses machines to sort their mail and would crush and mangle the
minifigs. Normal flat letters are okay, but a minifig would catch in the belts
and rollers resulting in the minifig broken into ABS dust pieces. I get called
to repair machines when people send refrigerator magnets, pens, pencils,
jewelry, etc. in the mail and the articles in question are crushed beyond
recognition between heartless steel rollers.

So I beg you, I don't want to go to any minifig funerals. Please send them in a
small, solid, stamped, self-addressed box.

Mike Stanley wrote:

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:

Bring Your Minifig To Work Day is coming up soon -- I think it's supposed to
be on Friday, December 11 this year.  That date also happens to be Mike
Stanley's birthday, and he agreed a few months ago to accept a collection of
minifigs by mail and take them to his workplace and then return them to
their owners if they were sent in a S.A.S.E. (self-addressed stamped
envelope).  Mike, you still on for this?  :)

If I weren't concerned about possible loss I'd take them with me to
the opening night of Star Trek: Insurrection as well.  :)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide

--