 General / 53787
53786  |  53788
Subject:
Please bring BS back - at least in a locked version!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:33:24 GMT

Thanks a lot for dragging Kevin out of the flames Troy, I couldn’t agree more.

Now, I don’t know what has happened, but we know that BS was a problem for Kevin, and he may have good reasons for not wanting to continue it.

However from a community-perspective, it’s a cornerstone of our HISTORY, as many has said, it’s not our own pictures, but those of others that we’ve bookmarked or linked to - that isn’t avaliable elsewhere, and may never be...
There must be a gazillion posts and links all over the internet that is totally worthless right now - and the idea that it should be possible to reupload/fix even a fraction of these pictures and links one at a time is simply ridiculusly unrealistic.

So Tim, if you’re reading this:

There’s plenty of other possibilities for hosting pictures, and I can understand if you have reasons for wanting to get rid of it, but wouldn’t it be possible to lock it for further uploads and/or turn it over to somebody else?

If it was locked for further uploads and if we could be “sure” that it stayed up, I imagine that the traffic would gradually drop as people begin to upload and link to pictures elsewhere - until only the vital traffic caused by bookmark-browsing for inspiration was left, together with the occasional hits from somebody reading up on old posts.

Anyways, Even though I’ve hardly uploaded anything to Brickshelf since I got my own webpage, I’d like to heartily thank you for hosting our pictures for so long.
I hope you’re well Kevin, and that it’s still possible to find a less drastic sollution that everybody can live with.

Cheers NB