 General / 53767
Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 01:40:03 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This is not directed at Tim, but rather some of the whiners that responed to his
post above...

When I first saw that BrickShelf was down, I was all gung-ho to see what I could
do to help bring it back up.  As the host for Classic-Castle, I do have have a
dedicated server and excess bandwidth, so some help could have been provided.

Now, after seeing the reaction here and elsewhere, I am rapidly starting not to
care if you whiney vultures ever get your photos back.

Kevin provided a basically free service to everyone for YEARS.  Everyone used it
without much thought tot he costs involved.  Sure, he could have handled this
latest episode better, but for now none of us know the circumstances involved.
I know that *I* would certainly have grown tired of supporting a site for a
bunch of ungrateful users.

And as for the supposed "Lego Community"?  Useless.  Instead of being a true
community and banding together to help save a pillar of the community, what to
we get?  Personal attacks on Kevin and a bunch of whining.

Do something or quit your complaining.

Troy