 General / 53773
  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Pardon me, but if you provide a MAJOR service to a community that a huge number of people use, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT IS FREE OR NOT, it is pure politeness and respect to GIVE WARNING BEFORE YOU DISCONTINUE SERVICE. Honestly, to do otherwise (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) **Snip** (...) **snip** (...) Okay, folks-- Troy: Point made. While I am sad that this service has ended, if someone was running it out of pocket, bless them. I do resent being called a vulture, however--I have said nothing against a man I (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) It says nothing of the sort. As a JLUG admin we had a similar decision to make very recently, and chose the same path. We had no obligation to warn anyone, even though we had a picture gallery with pics people may not have kept a copy of. (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) So how do we fix lugnet post links? Tim (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Same as you've always had to do when a site linked here disappeared - repost with a new link, or live with it. ROSCO (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) And I hear the 'Invite To Chat' function is going to be ready pretty soon too. Cheers Richie Dulin Stajinaria Community Overlooker (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Different situation; there were issues beyond your control involved with the loss of data and the lack of backups. In addition, discussion of the situation was out in the open. Jeff (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)