 General / 52151
52150  |  52152
Subject:
LEGO brickpedia options
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 20:31:39 GMT

I've enjoyed looking through Allan Bedfords 'Unnofficial LEGO Builders Guide'
and browsing his brickopedia.

I also enjoy browsing Peeron part inventories.

But I'm looking for more.

In a dream world, I'd like to have:

A printed publication (because I like to browse books and feel paper in my hand)
Something with images of parts such that:

All parts are shown close to lifesize and shown in correct relative size.  (ie a
1x1 brick should occupy about 1/16 the space of a 1x16 brick).

There is a reference to alternate names and identifications to the part.  For
example - is it a jumper or a 1/2 stud offset plate.  Or a washing machine brick
of a 1x1 with side stud?  Different people use different names.

The ldraw number and bricklink id would also be shown.

I'd like a sticker set, that has a pictures of various parts so I can put the
stickers on the storage bins (currently I'm trying out an idea where I put small
baseplates on the fronts of my bins with double stick tape, and put a sampling
of the parts in that bin on the baseplate).

Just thinking out loud.

I've heard rumors of internal LEGO catalogs that have black and white drawings
of different pieces and the indentifiers that LEGO uses internally.  Maybe LEGO
could make a non proprietery version available...

If anyone knows of something like this, I'd like to hear about it.  The big
thing for me is, something with images where the parts are shown in correct
relative size.

Ben Fleskes