 General / 51560
  Lego Parts You Hate....

I didn't want to bury this thread under lugnet.parts.... so I put it in lugnet.general... We all have Lego parts that we really like..... But what parts don't you like at all.... what parts do you really dislike? (Yes I know it sounds like Lego (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) That must be that darn nylon hinge: (URL) I remember as a child always battling with this - it fell off when it was supposed to stick, and it stuck when I was trying to remove it (hence all the teeth-marks). With regards to the wheels with (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) You don't like headlight bricks? o.0 Wow. I never thought I'd hear someone say they disliked one of the most useful and beloved pieces out there. The piece I "hate" (its more of a love/hate relationship) is the old technic ball socket: (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) I really dislike the basketball net. I wish it could connect in some way to more than one piece. It would be useful for numerous things if onlt it could be connected better. For that matter I dislike nearly all of the specialty sports parts. (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) Oooh. Fun game... I discovered a new piece just last night which I already hate. Don't own any or know what it's called (2x2 tall dome?) but it is a single part which could be made from a 2x2 round with a 2x2 dome on top. I can see absolutely (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) Do you mean [LDrawPart 30151:46]? That part started out as a cover for treasure in the Adventurers; its hollowness is an important aspect of the part. Steve (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) That's probably the one. If so, I retract my general hate for it. It's handy (in transparent) but I hate opaque versions. Tim (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) These are nice for single color steam domes. I never liked the notched edges on 2x2 round brick. (...) My initial reaction to this part was of a similar vein, but I recently built a large retainer wall, using mostly 1xNx5 and 2xNx1 bricks. And (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) If there is one part I hate - it must be the old technic friction pin. When they get stuck, they get well and truly wedged, and when building "new" technic style models based on liftarms - you get one of those in by accident, you are in for a (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) snip (...) Agreed! Lately, I've been noticing a lot of building problems that could be solved by hollow-stud plates/bricks. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) I have one of these on my building table (URL) it works wonders. There's only ever been a couple i've needed to demolish with pliers. ROSCO (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) I use something like that myself, but with some of the studless constructions - I have had the axle start to bend worryingly before the pins pop. I dont like sacrificing Lego though. another thing I hate is when an axle pin gets stuck, and (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) Minitalia bricks are like that! I'm glad that the headlight/washing machine brick has been redeemed! It's one of my faves. I can see why Gary doesn't care for it, it's indeed a poor substitute for a 1x1 window brick, but it's tres useful! (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

Hello! For some reason I hate this part: (URL). Even if I use it sometimes I have way too many of these. And they come in almost every set. Every once in a while when parting a set I don't even bother putting them in their respective sorting box but (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

Parts I hate (mainly because I own so many of them and find them useless): 1 x 2 technic brick with 2 holes in light grey (I want more black, not light grey) My entire collection of the newer curved parts (i.e. 1 x 6, 2 x 6 and some of the larger (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) The gray does look odd compared to black, but like others, I've always liked the idea of being able to build on the wheels. (...) I remember these. They certainly didn't seem to fit mini-figs at all. Don't miss 'em. (...) I can see your gripe (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

"danny staple" <orionrobots@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3ec53b3f0508301...ail.com... (...) Oh you can get those out easily enough, all you need is a sharp object, like a table edge or metal ruler edge, poke the gear with axle/bush in a bit, by (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

I don't know why you would throw those away, they can be quite useful for decoration and other purposes!! I would gladly take your entire "POOPS and such" box if you would be willing to include those in it, I can certainly see uses for those! Please (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

Hmm... To redeem some of the parts that have been mentioned before: 1x2x2: this was originally introduced for various printed bricks (including with a train window print on a clear one - now that's a nice window). Now the current use in plain solid (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

Hello! (...) I wonder what purposes the turned headlight bricks serve in the place you showed. They seem to be there just for the looks. Or wait: Does the base of the headlight give support to the transgreen Facet Top? Turning the headlight brick (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) For the 8t gears, try putting the pin into a beam, hold it in place with the back of [LDrawPart 3959], and pull on the gear. --Bram (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:IM4ut4.17Iy@lugnet.com... (...) I know. It's not a particularly useful configuration (I've never used it so far!), I just wasn't aware of it and I like finding out stuff like that. (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) I generally dislike big parts that have restrictions on how they connect to other pieces. I think LURPs and BURPs are OK, along with 6x6x10 stanchions, but a lot of other pieces that size or bigger are next to useless, unless you're really (...) (19 years ago, 4-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) I agree that the SNOT technique is great for the 1x1x1 headlight bricks. I just detest them because TLG uses them as a poor substitute for the old 1x1x1 classic windows in the remake of the USS Constellation Ship model. And again in the Lego (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) It's a pretty useful snot techniquie actually. Any brick you connect to the stud on the side will be flush on the bottom face, which can be useful. I used it (URL) in this moc> fairly extensively. Cheers, Allister (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)