 General / 51578
Re: Lego Parts You Hate....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.parts
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:47:25 GMT

"danny staple" <orionrobots@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:3ec53b3f050830142253087e4a@mail.gmail.com...

I use something like that myself, but with some of the studless
constructions - I have had the axle start to bend worryingly before
the pins pop. I dont like sacrificing Lego though.
another thing I hate is when an axle pin gets stuck, and stubborn.
With the studless beams - you can push the pin into another studless
beam, and use a flex-axle peice to keep the pin splits in place while
pulling off the other end, but when it is stubbornly stuck in an 8t
gear you are really in for hurting fingers...

Oh you can get those out easily enough, all you need is a sharp object, like
a table edge or metal ruler edge, poke the gear with axle/bush in a bit, by
that time you should have enough of a gap to get your fingernails around the
other half which should now be sitting offset a bit and give it a good hard
pull.

There has been the odd time in older models when I've resorted to using a
pair of fine-nose pliers and giving the stubborn piece in question a good
hard tug to get it out but it's quite rare nowadays.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde