 General / 51288
Re: Lego Factory sets released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:40:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
   According to a posting on Jake’s blog, the Lego Factory sets are available.

http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/blog/index.cfm

And check out http://shop.lego.com/Factory/

At the bottom it reads -

Experience LEGO Factory Today! Use the LEGO Factory website and Digital Designer to create your own incredible models! Then, coming in August to North America, you’ll be able to order the bricks and elements to build your custom LEGO Factory creations in the real world - just like the Factory sets shown here!

I’m practically *drooling* at the thought of this...

One question, tho - does anyone have any idea how this might affect Bricklink sellers? If I can create my own custom model and have Lego send me the parts, that makes me less likely to look for those parts on Bricklink.

Of course, Lego might charge more for the parts than they sell for on Bricklink!

It depends on how the models are priced. If it’s a flat X cents per piece, it will probably be overpriced for everyday pieces, but cheap for odd pieces.

I’m guessing we’re going to see a pretty restrictive palette on these things, though - probably with per-part limits. No sets made up of 300 1x1 slopes.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations