 General / 51066
Re: My FotD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:21:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:.

The single best find, IMO, was this piece in not-terrible condition, though the paint is slightly chipped. I didn’t see any other Classic Space elements to prove exactly which set this came from, but I’m still glad to have it.

Upon further inspection, I found the 1x4 blue brick with the tell-tale “LL924,” so that’s one mystery solved, but here’s another one.

I found a tow-truck hook assembly that looks a lot like the one in this set, but the hook is metal and may be a non-LEGO element. Can anyone tell me what other sets included this part? It’s red as in 601 and has a textured slope face similar to (but not exactly like) that of standard LEGO slope elements.

Also, I found two vertically-mounted doors that I can’t locate in a parts reference search (and they don’t come up under “door”). They’re gray and have horizontal slats kind of like the classic shutter element. This is a terrible description.

These parts look like they came in a fire engine-ish set, but that’s the best I can do. Any guesses?

Dave!