 General / 51001
Re: Brickshelf going away???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:36:34 GMT

"Steven Asbury" <stevenasbury@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:IH5wt0.1nGx@lugnet.com...
The instruction and catalog scans have been removed. Kevin posted the • following
message ...

"Due to the loss of our major sponsor, Instruction and Catalog scans are • no
longer available at Brickshelf.com. We are working to find them a new • home. When
we do, we will post a link here. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I also see there is a message asking users to transfer their files to
maj.com.

Ok, I have now used maj.com since this message appeared. But I will not use
maj.com anymore, the reason is that I am used to checking brickshelf for new
uploads ("Recent") almost daily since I'm intrested in geting new ideas for
my LEGO creations. But on maj.com there are too much other stuff that I not
intrested in at all.
So if Brickshelf is going away it will be a sad day. Even if Brickshelf
stays up stops supporting any new uploads.

I have now deleted my files at maj.com and will continue to use brickshelf
until it stops...
Then I will put my LEGO-photos together with my other photos on my private
photo gallery that I have online. Or if there will come a new service for
LEGO-entustiast like the people on lugnet and brickshelf I will consider
moving to this place.

Please Kevin, Keep the Brickshelf alive in the future!

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes

Kevin (or anyone), can you give us some more information? Is Brickshelf • going
away immediately? If so, what timetable do we have before our galleries
disappear?

-Steven